Tractors

tax exempted

Mostly western Kenya, I see lots of tractors coming from naks to pitch camp in western from January to April when it is the peak season. I guess in naks many people have tractors hence more competition. Also thinking of some parts of nyanza like siaya where eabl has ventured and many farms are being converted to sorghum. Management already have someone who is reliable

During the main season which is about 3-4 months, you can do up to 10 acres in a day

Ukifanya mahesabu vizuri then pesa ya tractor inarudi within 2 years, na pesa ya maintenance haitakusumbua sana. Huko ni wapi?

Tractor no stress buy kama uko na shamba yako ya kulima

Laikipia na Nanyuki inafunga hay, kazi msuri pia. The best thing with tractor is punda ya kazi mingi za wheels

MF ni cheap kumaintain. New holland ikizeeka ni ngori sana. But iko na higher output kwa shamba

10times3 times 60days = 1.8 very clean money

Shida ya where I come from getting spares za MF ni ngori. But za New Holland is easy coz the biggest sugar factories around, thatā€™s butali and West Kenya use New Holland

Boss, just go to Bolpark hapo opposite Impala Ngong Road. Buy yourself a new millat MF and a plough for kitu 1.9m. Maintenance is very cheap. I bought one in 2016 and itā€™s still doing very well. Millat uses the original Perkins engine. The only major thing I have done on my machine is changing the clutch, and that costs around 9k and labour 3k. Usiogope buda.

Thanks, wacha lockdown iishe nirudi Nairobi. I usually see them nikipita. Will go check them out. And how do you ensure you are not conned by drivers. Huku ocha kuna wale they go do side jobs then refill with fuel it looks like no extra work was done

Hii kitu huwezi weka car track kama ya dinga ya personal or truck fleets? Ujue precisely where the fcker be at na GPS coordinates akizunguka zungukaā€¦ Akileta hekaya contrary to logs jua jamaa anakunyoa and fire that ngga

I have installed a tracking device. Whatever the driver does I can see. Then I downloaded a land measurement app. I can measure whatever land they plough, though nothing beats your presence.

Kabisa! It helps big time, also the driver never really knows exactly what big brother has watched so he keeps on his toes, especially if you make random calls to him and ā€˜informā€™ him of tiny details he should do better like heā€™s ploughing a line too fast/shallow based on time lapse :smiley:
Jamaa atakua anashtuka ovyo ovyo. In business you canā€™t be there 100% ata akikukulia it will be down to a minimum

:D:D:D:D

this is the very best option with any vehicle umenunua ya biashara. put controls in your business usigongwe.

This is so timely - I am also planning to get a tractor. Mainly I will focus in Nakuru and grow into other areas as I get my hands around the biz.

@omhangla did you manage to get yourself one?

Hey, yeah I got a second hand one in good condition. New Holland. Coated about 1.1m. I added an open carrier which is now being used for transportation now that ploughing gigs have reduced.

Would you vouch for it as a noble investment idea now that you are deep in it?

It definitely is. And for me am in it as a long term investment given that have relocated to shags partially and will need to do a business that I am there to monitor. One thing you will have be careful about is the people you hire to manage it, that is the driver, if you dont get a good and trusted one utashangaa. where I come from in kakamega, between January and April is the peak business period, huku demand huwa so high hadi guys come all the way with their tractors from nakuru and narok to set camp here.