Travel effidence issamust to get new passport

Much as I agree that this policy will prioritize the most significant demographic, I think it is discriminatory. How will you determine that a young adult needs to travel to UK or US? Masomo? What if they need to travel to Cameroon?

When you set a deadline, be realistic.

Ngiteh!

Those guys at immigration are just lazy. They have ten tellers serving hundreds of people a day. They’d rather keep people queuing for hours, then turn hundreds more away rather than increase the number of staff verifying documents. This is basic common sense. With all the opportunities in the world today, going abroad is no longer something reserved for a select few. So it’s just stupid to have the same number of staff that used to issue passports in the 90s doing the same today, then complain that people are flocking there.
Besides people pay for these documents, it’s not like they’re issued free. Applying on ecitizen takes less than 30 minutes only for one to queue the whole day at Immigration, which beats the whole point of streamlining the process. To anyone looking to apply for a passport, I’ve outlined the steps below
https://disndatkenya.com/how-to-apply-for-a-kenyan-passport/

My problem with them is having to have citizens go and queue hapo at 5 in the morning. Why don’t they verify your documents and invite you to come at some scheduled time? Why not prioritize those that need to travel for jobo needs?

Hiyo queue ingine ya civil servants runs on priority basis. Ukiwa na barua ya usito unaruka queue, you just present your vidole.

Quit using your real name here.

They’re just incompetent. The day I applied, some guy at the entrance confirmed that I had all the right documents, then waved me on to the waiting bay. After queuing there for another 4 hours, I hand over my documents to this teller guy. He reviews them and picks a stamp, looks at the passport photos “closer”, then declares “hizi haziko sawa, nenda upige picha zingine.” I just wondered how the guy at the entrance thought everything was “sawa” while this one thought otherwise. So I wasted the entire day there, then had to queue again the next day. Halafu there are people who come from other towns, so imagine the inconvenience.

I’ve got nothing to hide.

I know. Inbox

Hehe

Huduma number ni kitunguu inanukishwa

Si muende Embu ama Eldoret? While at it, take a day off.

This makes sense. I was there I was blown away by the kind of people filling the queues to get passports. It was very very obvious guys are doing this for the sake since they got nothing else to do

Probably not. Why should a guy barely making a dollar per day go queuing the whole day to get a document that he can’t use? Why don’t we use our critical thinking ?

Exactly like ntsa inspection booking…

Passport ni haki yangu!! We pay for the damn thing!!

Setting a deadline was the most stupid part.

Just set different counters or centers like someone already suggested here.

One for Renewal. Another for immediate travel- say 30 days. Then the last one for other applicants.

Btw, are Diaspora Embassies accepting E-passport applications?

Getting a passport is everyone’s prerogative; whether or not you travel outside the country is your choice! I understand that they’re trying to streamline the process, but when they setup the deadline and all the requirements, they should have forecast the traffic and prepared accordingly.
Kenyan immigration department is full of foolish bureaucracy and some idiots think that they’re doing someone a favor by issuing them a passport, which is a right of every Kenyan citizen. Yes, I’m pissed off because I’ve been caught up in this stupidity and I can’t renew my Kenyan pp before I reapply for an ID.

The Washington one is.

Huduma number haikusaidii yaani?

How? I don’t need it and I can’t get it for the same reason I can’t renew pp (no ID). It’s a frustrating process (and there are hundreds of others in my situation) but I won’t waste time chasing dreams. I’m not doing any more investments in Kenya any time soon- I have to think about my children’s interests/future first and invest in ways that will benefit them more.
Someone else told me that anyone without Huduma # will be disenfranchised, but I really don’t know how true this is. [COLOR=rgb(209, 72, 65)][SIZE=1]Not that I care much about keeping my Kenyan citizenship. Even Miguna is still breathing oxygen wherever he is.[/SIZE]

Sisi tunangoja kuwa deported

It failed, they have to await Census to complete the work. Like I told people from the start, huduma namba was a good project hijacked by kibicho because of its 7 billion budget that was about to return back to Treasury. It was meant to be done after the census but was pushed up overnight and launched by him without the rest of the government being involved. That led to the 1 month of confusion and failure until President Uhuru stepped in to rally everyone to participate.