Tribalism crap

You have to seek consent from your parents when you are getting married…you introduce your bride/ groom to your family…wakisema Hapo kuna question marks for whatever reason…it’s your choice you can go on and disregard their advice and cut them off completely but woe on you if the marriage fails, you can talk to them and address their fears and come to a amicable agreement or you can follow their advice…it’s your choice and all the above choices will have consequences

This is why I said Kenya’s reality

When anyone starts dating, by mwezi ya tatu kabla kashike sana ensure that you have met those pang’ang’a aunties and unmarried sisters. Alafu peleka mwanamke kwa function moja yenu ile itakua na most of your relas. By the time you decide to marry some years down the line, hizo kelele hazitakua. Reality will have sunk.

1 Like

you can’t blame her? unacheza buda, how old are you kwanza?

You just pretend here that it’s easy to marry someone from a different tribe…well it’s not rosy…what language will you speak in the house? I guess the men will always want theirs to be dominant? What language will you teach your children, will you men spend enough time with the children for them to learn you language? The children will automatically pick their moms language because she spends most of her time with them while we we uko Huko watching football in bars with your " boys" ama you assumed that your 25 year old wifey will learn you mother tongue? What about when your in laws visit to spend a week with you? Does your culture allow? Will you compromise? Will you force them to adapt your culture? …marriage is not easy…it needs commitment and sacrifice…marrying someone with a different culture will need 10 times more of that? I guess those who are married will understand those who aren’t we’ll get married and you will see

4 Likes

https://truthaholics.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/i_am_not_a_sheeple_by_kezhound.jpg

sheeple

Labda basi ikuwe come we stay…but a kenyan marriage both of you will have to meet each other’s parents…and pia your parents will have to meet even before mambo ya Mahari yatazungumzwa…and you will be vetted by both sets of families to see whether you are husband/ wife material

Very true…and some will look down on your culture and family…utajua tu…Huyu hatuwezani

2 Likes

We endelea kujidanganya they dont come anywhere,you will be shocked,their opinion is important ,they have seen it all,you might silence them but one day they will say the magic words,“nilikaambia”

4 Likes

HA I wish it was so…after marriage is when you will need your family most…especially for the wife…it’s the mum and the sisters…and for the guy it’s the dad,brothers and uncles…problems are there from day one and if not addressed immediately they will pile up…you need your dad for advice on how to approach certain issues…and friends will often mislead you…haki nyinyi nawaonea tu huruma hapa…there are countless times that you wife will go to seek advice from her mum or from your mum if they are close…kwanza when the baby is almost due

1 Like

What happens when you are broke you don’t have money to pay rent, probably you over budgeted on your wedding and spent a fortune of money you don’t have…sasa ni madeni and hata mwezi mobile hazijapita…will you turn to your friends and bar mates who will laugh behind your back…that ulifanya wedding expe an sahii hata peas ya sukuma huna? Family is everything

1 Like

@msalame grace Please tell me you’re trolling us. Please :frowning:

1 Like

i am not plannig for a church wedding. if she insists then let her fund it. AG’s office is enough for me

1 Like

Pole boss…Take heart.

1 Like

Tho I had many chics from different tribes before I married, I started narrowing down towards the ladies from my tribe when I was nearing marriageable age. Tribe to me matters. I can hanya with anyone but when it comes to family…first lady…we ought to have alot in common. Nikianza Na tribe. That’s me and I will be glad if my kids will give me inlaws we speak the same language. When they reach ripe age,this fact will be clearly stated by me or their mother. They will follow what I teach them.

1 Like

when that time comes will be well prepared

haiya, kumbe the 30+ unmarried sister was a talker

1 Like

Whether you went against their wish or not they have no choice but to take care of you when things go wrong. So its better to go with your heart regardless of the risk in future, after all everything in this world is a risk. In any case when you go against their wish but succeed and become happy they will want to ride on your success and hapiness as if they were for it all along.

5 Likes

Pole

@msalame grace you are stuck in some different decade …I dont think you should ever compromise your happiness just to please other parties …