Tuachane na Suraya, please

I still wanna bang sue.

Brown skin wacha ujinga.

Na nyumba ya neighbour wa chini ikichomeka? Plus those people still pay for utilities amounting to kitu kama 20k…buying ana apartment is a total waste. Kama zile za garden city are going for 20million na hazina ata mahali pa kuanikia nguo!!!

The service charge includes Fire Insurance
That is because they are targeting those who use washing machines and clothes dryers.
That is why those apartments have several stand-by generators (also covered by the service charge). Given the dependency on electricity such apartments are.

I saw one being auctioned at 16m

You sound like you own one :oops:

If you do not know how sectional titles work ,Please shut up. Once land is converted from single home to apartment use and sectional titles are issued, the title deed of that land ceases to exist and its register is closed.A separate register for each unit is opened and a title deed issued in respect of each housing unit. The only thing a title deed covers that a sectional title does not cover is the common property aspect. All those whose sectional title come from one title deed have to share the obligations that come with that section.

A tad too expensive given location(unless ilikuwa 3 bedroom).Let it drop to around 12 m and they will see a rush!!

what about the shared areas like parking or place ya kuchomea takataka? Because sometimes i feel buying apartments is like paying 20 year rent in advance, hukuagi na freedom kama kwako

Ala!!! Ulifikiri nimekufa? Khai!

Zote tatu

Isn’t that covered by the Service Charge, which in many cases is much lower than the amount people use to maintain a compound with the same amenities.
For example If I own a house with a swimming pool, parking and a garden, I will have to pay a caretaker (and many are demanding the minimum wage or they are clothed and housed by the house owner) and I will pay for things like fertilizer, maintain lawn mowers.
Swimming pools are Expensive to maintain, even when you have a borehole though it depends on the size and design. The equipment you buy will break down and you will get new equipment and the cost keeps rising.
Parking area, if you have cabro paved, it will last, but any repairs or damage are often expensive to do.
When it comes to backup generators, it can cost more than 1k to run a generator the whole day during power blackouts
Place ya kuchomea takataka. In Nairobi’s western suburbs???
Now when it comes to apartments, all these costs are there but because the costs are being shared, the service charge can never be even close to half the costs of what a normal house owner with the same amenities will incur.
Emphasis on Same amenities before some idiots start talking of those cube box houses people are buying in Ruiru and Ongata Rongai.

So sad, some of them make such investment when they are retiring, so imagine 35 years of saving just goes down the drainage like that

Walipewa but the are not communicating to the inital 500 kenyans who gave them 1.5 Billion as down payments, they are targeting new clients like you to swindle again. Man eat man society

Don’t be lazy, there’s nothing wrong with waking up early at 5:30 a.m. to go to work.

Building your own home in the satellite towns is much cheaper than buying an overpriced apartment in Nairobi. You have your own compound and can do whatever you want with it, nothing like the cages that people call apartments. The privacy, freedom and bucolic atmosphere is more attractive compared to the madness within the city. As for security and infrastructure, it all depends on what you’re used to but I wouldn’t just rush to buy an apartment because it has a gym.

Self declared Butt driller huwes peana advice…endelea kuchimba sewage hole
Ngaaay

Buying an apartment is as dumb as it get wallai. Imagine being 50+ and retiring to a one bedroom 9th floor apartment? Absolutely depressing. You can’t even plant a tree in your balcony kwa hizo apartments , some restrict the number of visitors you can have over, you still got to pay around 20-30k service fees every bloody month like it’s absolutely moronic to buy an apartment.

For 15M you can get a whole ranch in a green fertile area where you’re free to do as you absolutely please. You can keep around cows and horses to keep yourself busy as you retire to an active farming life.

Suraya was just driven by insatiable greed, biting much much more than they could chew!

Hii ghassier imepoteza watu wengi sana

There is something wrong with spending hours on traffic.
Also, it means you have no social life because Nairobi 's satellite towns have nothing that rivals Westlands-Kilimani-Hurlingham.
Those satellite towns have zero security. Mwanzo Ruiru na Rongai.
Having ones compound is for retirement.
There are very large apartments in Westlands which can hardly be called cages.