Tuskys takes over Nakumatt

But I think they have solved it internally well instead of shouting to the outside world. The country economic is coming of age.

[ATTACH=full]126563[/ATTACH]

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/business/article/2001254873/nakumatt-and-tuskys-supermarkets-sign-merger-deal

1 Like

Or bring the whole shell under receivership

What?
This is a crazy decision by Tuskys.
That Atul Shah is a genius!

1 Like

Sez who?

Just a thought here, say Tuskys comes to an agreement with their suppliers for a % increase in stock supplied to them and as such ,the same % increase is let to nakumatt stores of course with some consideration…how do you see that?

for your info

2 Likes

Then Tuskys will have to be very strict with Nakumatt, because no matter how much money and stock you throw at the problem, if the same policies that led to the mismanagement of Nakumatt stay, then in a few months or years it’s Tuskys that’ll be crying to be bailed out. It must be a total overhaul, meaning downsizing, shutting down stores, eliminating entire product lines and other urgent measures. Radical surgery. I doubt that will happen since these people are mixing friendship with business. There were many firms that were willing to invest in Nakumatt, but they were turned down. I suspect it’s because these firms demanded implementation of such measures so as to safeguard their investment.

6 Likes

Hapo admin I side with you. If all news that has been floating around about nakumatt is true, they will be having a bad deal. Buying only strategic stores would have been the best move, but I dont think Nakumatt owners would agree to such a deal where they sell the icing and are left with the cake/loaf/ugali in this case.

I don’t know whats the motive behind that Tuskys move, I believe been in business is about making profits and maybe a bit of CSR. In this case this is too much of CSR and I feel like Tuskys will gain nothing in trying to help Nakumatt rise… :confused::confused:

1. Owners of Nakumatt have pledged their shares to Tuskys owners for 6 years.
  2. Tuskys will fully manage Nakumatt during that period. This means new branch managers etc.
    My concerns:
  3. What exactly does Tuskys aim to gain from this deal.
  4. Atul & Co. are okay relinquishing the shell for six years (enough time for a turnaround) and then repossess the shares of a healthy Nakumatt. They have already looted the company to the core.
    In my opinion, Nakumatt owners want Tuskys to do the donkey work of cleaning its mess, and then getting a shiny new company after six years, for zero cost because they have only pledged their shares for six years. Meanwhile, Atul & Family will enjoy a six-year holiday in the Seychelles with their loot.
    Conclusion: With this arrangement, the only way Tuskys can gain from this deal is to turnaround Nakumatt very fast 1-1.5 years. Profit from it for 4 solid years. Finally, they loot it to the core in the sixth year and return the shell to Atul & Co. Expect the same problems with Nakumatt 6 years from when the deal is signed. What the Mhindi doesn’t know is that he will inherit the same shell 6 years from now.
6 Likes

Tunaangalia tuu.

@Okiya, I’ve noticed that you have adopted this annoying habit of posting threads then going MIA. Ni kazi mingi ama ni madharau ndogo ndogo?

2 Likes

Wrong move by tuskys, both of them will go down together

1 Like

Is Tuskys mad?

[SIZE=6]Tuskys to help Nakumatt stay afloat, TRM branch closed
[/SIZE]
I doubt that Tuskys has the capacity to fill all the shop space that Nakumatt had created in its runaway expansion, let alone sustain that huge payroll.

This article states a six-week period. Another one states a six-year period. :eek:

Ayayayaya…kitunguu kimeungua kwangu kiasi…

One big picture that no one seems to see is that we might loose out on where to buy booze.Authentic booze since Tuskys guys wont allow pombe in their store due to religious reasons…litna sana

2 Likes

pole. sio madharau. my new workstation is open plan office which makes it hard for me to ktalk like before.

3 Likes

Nakumatt ya ukunda na ya Meru look strategic too based on my last visit to these two towns

2 Likes