TZ SGR tactics for 'cheap'.... A masterstroke?

Ethiopia has double our power supply and soon after GERD is done they’ll have triple the power supply than what we have. They can afford electric trains because they have the necessary power… Do you know why that small section was double tracked? It’s because of the terrain couldn’t allow them to build passing stations so instead, they divided the rails to simplify things, after a few kilometers the rail becomes a single track once more.

Uhuru promised 5GW and he has barely delivered that because of stakeholders in the power are underestimating our energy potential. 700MW gas plant was scrapped, 600 MW offshore wind plant was scrapped, 200MW wind project in Kiambu put on hold, 100MW wind farm project in Kinagop canceled, 400MW wind project in Meru put on hold, 500MW solar power plant in magadi didn’t even get the light of day since it was shuffled aside.

where will tz get their electricity from?where is the cargo headed to yet their main city is the port city? ethopia is also having a major headache with its one trip per day electric train while we are at 8 trains per day.if tz is not careful it will be bankrupted by this sgr.

Wewe huoni the funny side in that decision? TZ won’t offer jobs to mwananchi wa kawaida. Instead, the military will do garagaria jobs, and thereby saving the Turks casual laborers…
Now imagine if our railway was constructed by @imei2012 with only just a few wananchi? Would that sit well with the public? Certainly not with me…

:D:D underground what? Kuna moja inakuja pale ngong hills. Be prepared to joyride… Uhabeshi hawapenyi mashimo…

It’s actually proper that they rejected so many wind plants. We don’t need wind plants, we need larger coal, nuclear and geothermal plants. These wind and solar plants are high energy charge traps by European firms to experiment on new technology at our expense.

Tanzania is not a stranger in cooking figures to look good.
The best time to comment on this electric SGR of theirs is when its completed on schedule, and on budget. Otherwise I have a strong feeling that money will not even take it half way. And construction might end up stalling for many years.

we need to go green energy asap especially in africa since we have an abundance of rivers,sun,geothermal and wind.the efficiency of the turkana wind farm last i checked is at 76% with the world average being 40%-50% thus making it one of the best if not the best wind farm.that just shows the potential africa has.

Hii issue nime debate hapa mara mingi sana. We don’t need more expensive wind and solar. We need bigger geothermal, coal and nuclear plants for us to industrialize.

i disagree. wind and solar are actually getting cheaper than coal and nuclear.we need to exhaust our clean energy potential before we can even think of dirty energy.

It’s not only about cheap, it’s also about, evacuation when you need the power. Wind and solar can’t be evacuated on demand. They are expensive because they are mostly used when there’s no hydro in the dry season and we have to pay their companies even when they aren’t being used. Unless you are an energy, hii argument haiendi mahali.

sisi waTizedi tumejipanga. nyinyi wakenya ni wivu tu.

the major issue here i believe is our contracts(corruption).but we can always negotiate better contracts.and im talking in context of africa as a whole since we can all be in the same energy pool.we have too many mega rivers if they were to be dammed we wouldn’t even need any other source of electricity.

bongolalas will always be bongolalas.the only thing that irkes me is the economic immigrants that we will have to accomodate.

Talking about energy pools, you can only depend so much on another country’s resources. We are yet to complete the HVDC link from Ethiopia. The problem is, Ethiopia builds power stations to accommodate industries not people. Now with Abiy coming in, this will change, most of that power will be rerouted to other areas that need it. A small political upset in Ethiopia, Uganda or Tanzania can cripple a whole region.

im somehow convinced that abiy is more PR than actual reform.he was put there by the tigray cartel its hard to upset your master.but if EU can do a successful energy pool i believe we can do one too.

Our,yet to be ours,is going thru a tunnel. Ya Wahabeshi iko below ground. Big difference bro. Unless of course kizungu ilifundishwa ka nafanya pano.

wacha zako, ya uhabeshi iko ground level…

A week ago, it was declared a crime in TZ to criticize government statistics or to publish your own.

We have untapped wind potential. So I disagree. Especially the offshore wind potential is massive. The more power the better so we can even start exporting it to DRC, South Sudan, CAR and even as faraway to Nigeria.

Wind Tech has been around for centuries.

Mlidebate na nani? Inaonekana unadhani conclusion yako binafsi ni sheria.