Uhuru and Doctors

ai??? kwani wewe unaona news ya Zimbabwe?

1 Like

Not quiteā€¦In the end, it is the government that loses,especially because the public is not able to access public hospitals.The doctors who do private practise, i.e the consultants will still get their clienteleā€¦
And should the government pursue the unwise decision of looking for expatriates, well, theyā€™ll still end up paying more for each than what they are declining to give the locals.

2 Likes

Apana. Offer being withdrwan because it was given on the premise that they would sign a return to work formulae.
I wondered about the ten percent more but I guess that 50% was the latest offer,

May you live in interesting times, so goes an old Chinese curse.
If these arenā€™t interesting times, i donā€™t know what are!

there is no country where they can get more than what they have been offered. Any country offering more may not recognize their qualifications

Fact is they cannot continue to blackmail government and hold the people of Kenya at ransom. They had been offered a good deal but they refused and insisted on an illegal CBA. The government can direct resources to mission hospitals for them to provide subsidised services.

4 Likes

The mission hospitals cannot obviously cope with the numbers that the public hospitals have.
You may be aware that most of the mission hospitals are now overwhelmedā€¦The likes of St.Maryā€™s,Kijabe etc are way overwhelmed now.
Though the government may feel unlike it, there really is no option but to try and get things back on trackā€¦
We talk of local solutions to local problems, donā€™t we?

3 months and counting and so far they have not complained at all eti wanaumia. That should tell you something.
The damn CBA was not only about salaries, what is the government doing about the other issues raised in the CBA?

2 Likes

Doctorā€™s can not continue to dance of the graves of Kenyans whoā€™ve died as a result of them absconding duty, let the govt toughen up and serve the good of all Kenyans and especially the poor in our society.
If they continue with their hard stance then let the government use all necessary measures to bring back services in our public hospitals.

1 Like

you know that the same striking medics are the ones who will still work in the mission hospitas.
lets just agree that as a country we have lost it., we could do with re-colonisation now

Interesting times ahead. Those supporting the govt on this need to research cases where doctor and teachers/lecturers have boycotted work and later arm-twisted by the govt. The end results are not good.

1 Like

I couldnā€™t agree with you any moreā€¦In the final analysis, the individual doctor will still make a living somehow.It is the country which loses

1 Like

There is never any good that comes from arm-twisting and forceā€¦The biggest problem was the lack of good faith by the government in the negotiations

Politicians, not doctors, are the ones dancing on graves of Kenyans

What next after toughening up. It has been toughening up on everything; crime, corruption name them.

Retarded comment right there. What makes you think there are reserve medical experts ready on call?

6 Likes

it seems you donā€™t know any doctor. Some of them wanaume, they just donā€™t go on advertising it in the media

I have heard it said, by some chaps in govt, and even in the streets of this village, that clinical officers are adequately equipped to fill the gap left by the striking doctorsā€¦Yet the same fellows wouldnā€™t want to be seen by anything other than a consultant in the private hospital, paid for by the taxpayer!

1 Like

Necessary measures kama gani mkubwa?

Threats and intimidation havenā€™t worked. Those are the only options this Government is good at.

Just to disabuse you of that notion, i know hundreds, most of them my close friendsā€¦

There is little, if anything, the government can doā€¦
Wamepata wanaume kweli!
Did you mean threats up there?

I also know a few relatives, watu wanashinda wakikopa doh in the hope that hiyo jackpot ya salary ikiingia, watalipa

2 Likes