Uhuru Impeachment

Kwani negotiations zilianza after budget had been read kwa parliament? She should have known such was bound to happen n factored that kwa their budget before they forwarded to treasury

Those agreements were made back in 1997

exactly! that’s why I say Uhuru is taking his anger on the wrong crowd. There should be a policy that all negotiations touching on extra budgetary expenditure be referred to treasury or treasury be part of them. if such a policy exists then Nzomo and rotich should be answering queries not teachers. If I were Uhuru and I would call the teachers u ion and TSC then give TSC a serious pep talk before asking the union for a structured payment sarting with say 10%

1 Like

Vile umeambiwa hapo juu, those negotiations began when some of us were still in Primary School during Ambrose Adongo’s time when teachers ended the strike after KNUT officials ate ugali in state house in 1997. The increments were supposed to be scaled up in phases and Nzomo was not a signatory back then.

1 Like

Even if you do not respect the president as a person, please respect the office you hold. I know you have a genuine grievances that you are airing but don’t loose it all by complaining non-constructively lest your brain may tend to gravitate toward the negative.

50-60% award is economically untenable in the long run bearing in mind the enormous number of teachers. Heeding to the court order will cause a ripple effect in the civil service with workers in other sectors demanding an increment. This will in turn contradict the earlier efforts by SRC to harmonies salaries within the civil service in an attempt to curb the ballooning wage bill. The only way out is to renegotiate the deal and settle for a lesser and realistic %.

2 Likes

or they can walk away and let the goverment hire others

1 Like

Education should also be devolved like the health sector

1 Like

Walimu walipwe mara moja. im organizing pupils, students and kindergartens mass action by Friday I tell you it will be biad

1 Like

Why is everyone behaving as if the President is the one who was directed to pay the teachers? Let TSC default on the court directive, then we see what happens

NOTHING WILL HAPPEN,HAKUNA PESA

hakuna pesa warudi darasani ama wasilipwe anything njaa iwarudishe

1 Like

Let’s avoid misconceptions.

Here’s a recap of what led to the 50-60% pay rise. In 2012/2013, the unions asked for a 300% pay rise. TSC went to court and they were ‘ordered’ to negotiate a deal with the unions. During one of those meetings, TSC mooted the idea of a 50-60% basic salary increase. Later, TSC withdrew that offer. The unions then trooped to court because the negotiations had failed. The magistrate simply said to TSC: now that you had proposed a 50-60% pay rise, just give it to the teachers.

In short, TSC did themselves in.

Surely, that’s the height of incompetence. Madam Nzomo is not a good communicator. She’s also a bad negotiator. She deserves to go home together with her team.

The first step to solving the teachers strike should be to sack the entire TSC board.