Ujinga Tanzania

wueh! so if I happen to be in TZ and decide to purchase cheap produce in bulk on the road side (read rice, groceries, beans etc) on my way back to Kenya nikifika kwa border nitaonyeshwa siku mrefu?

Wish the did this when I was farming onions , Those idiots waliharibu bei , was eating onions and bread for months !

What about the cheap energy drinks coming from tz

Are there any restrictions imposed on Tanzanian businessmen who cross the border over to Kenya in the last year or so?

Usijaribu… Utaona siku mrefu. There are road block at Longido and before you get to Namanga where they search all vehicles including private cars and at the border too. Last week I was searched 3 times.

kumbe such an innocent Kenyan activity of buying things on the roadside ukitoka safari can land you in hot soup in the south.

Lakini with those restrictions, there must be Kenyan smugglers making a kill bringing over cheap TZ produce.

Mpaka kuwe na corrupt cops.

sure, such restrictions make the black market thrive. In the end the government loses revenue.

I do not have info on the restrictions that have been imposed by the Kenyan side however most of the restrictions are by their government e.g banning exports or raw produce has affected traders from both sides of the divide. Probably not a bad thing since Kenyan farmers will get better prices and will increase production, benefits for Tz might not be immediate as processing facilities requires capital and time therefore in the short term there will be a reduced market for produce.

This is what happens when you have a tin god, drunk with power ruling over a nation. They make populist moves with meagre economic gains.

Your first priority after security is your people’s economic well being.

Such trade is taking place along Tarakea and Holili border points though not substantial as they mainly use boda bodas to ferry sacks through panya routes. Such trade is taking place between Zambia and Tz where a bag of maize is going for Tshs 15,000 about Ks 700

I witnessed this along the Kenya-Uganda Border at Busia several years ago when sugar had hit 400 bob plus a kilo in Kenya. Sacks of sugar were passing through the border on bicycles (not even motorbikes) at the rate of around one in five minutes. No one was stopping them. So with a lorry stationed the other side unajaza in a matter of hours.

Issue ni kwa road blocks, usipokuwa careful polisi wanaweza kukamua sana.

It’s their turn to eat… Onions and bread with the oversupply that will hit them.:smiley:

i think megafool needs us more si muambie uthamaki aanze scorch earth polisi na hii ngombe

though it is difficult to turn your back on a market of 55M next door. If they decide to not to export raw produce, it’s their loss and that does not stop us from exporting processed goods to them.

Tz have no hungry citizens like here

Hehehe. @Ice_Cube and @uncle nyam Naona RWNBP na UOTP are united by a common enemy.

Nani ameona vifaranga kwa hiyo picha? Social Media remains our biggest enemy. :D:D:D

http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/10-000-cattle-from-Uganda--Rwanda-seized/539546-4185898-4x9ghuz/index.html

Tanzanian authorities have seized more than 10,000 head of cattle that had strayed into the country from Uganda and Rwanda, a cabinet minister told Parliament on Monday.

The country’s minister for livestock and fisheries, Mr Luhaga Mpina, said the cattle would be auctioned in a similar manner as the ones recently seized on the Tanzania-Kenya border.