Upgrade from a old model Nissan Wingroad

I hope you changed your scoop as well. That’s a wrx intercooler. It’s shorter sideways than the fozzy one :slight_smile:

I think its unfair to compare Japan to Germany when it comes to cars, especially when higher road speeds are involved.

Explain objectively why and how it is unfair. Gone are the days cars are blindly associated with country of origin

Ebu drive a supercharged car then compare that kick with conventional turbo.

To some extent, in this case if you look at speed, the Germans design their cars with higher speeds while the Japanese domestic market has a speed limit and thus the designer will definitely have that in mind, the car cultures, and engineering ideologies are influenced by history, and you will find that in Japan they are more geared towards reliability and for instance in the USA they just produce big cars, (I had to use the americans).

That said, I think its objective enough to state that a guy who has been manufacturing cars that move at higher speed will have more experience making the same as compared to a guy who never makes cars that move beyond a certain speed.

Do we even have a supercar solely from japan

Please expound on this. I gather you are talking about the 180 - 190 kmph speed limit gentleman agreement among Japanese car manufacturers. Because the Japanese saw no sense in having a daily driver move beyond 180 - 190 kmph, they placed a limit to eliminate senseless one-upping among manufacturers for the JDM. This does not mean their vehicles are less capable; actually on the contrary, on the contrary, they have contributed as much, if not more to automotive engineering and innovation.

To some extent, yes, but they are also influenced by the kinds of roads and government regulations. Americans freeways are less bendy and wide, their fuel is cheap and their climate regulations less stringent…perfect environment for the muscle cars they love. Also, Germans have come a long way as far as reliability is concerned. Mercedes benz E and C class sedans can serve you for 1,000,000 + kms before they conc out. That is why they are a common choice of taxis in North Africa, Eastern Europe, and Nigeria

Several:

1. The Iconic Nissan GTR - R35 (my favourite) and the R32 - Skyline, Nissan 300ZX, Nissan 300Z, Nissan R390 ;
  2. Acura NSX;
  3. The Mazda RX-7 with the iconic rotary engine;
  4. Toyota Supra and Toyota MR2 Turbo;
  5. Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4;
  6. The Lexus NFA; and
  7. The Mitsouka Orochi

I think I was looking at more of supercars not sports cars, guess they are called hypercars these days, in the league of akina ferrari, lambo and the likes, at the end of the day, the Japanese had a gentleman’s agreement not to produce cars with high speeds, and you can see that in the list of fastest road cars, you will not find Japanese models dominating because that’s their history, that’s how they are geared, they just don’t like speed that much and so if you a looking for speed you are better of with those manufacturers who actually produce fast cars as compared to those who are not really thrilled by the same, plus there is experience that comes with doing something overtime.

Coming to your list, the GTR is an interesting pick, but you have to look at the man who reinvented it to what it is, but anyway my point is the Europeans especially the Germans generally have experience producing cars that move faster, and thus given a choice for speed I think they will be better as compared to the Japanese who really don’t focus much on that.

Webster dictionary defines super-car as a high performance sports car. All the cars in the list given are high performance sport cars. If you search their specifications on a common yardstick, they perform as well as, or outperform their European and American counterparts.

According to [U]this[/U], the number hypercars can be counted and are so far apart, I don’t think they are relevant to the core of this debate. However, one example of a Japanese hypercar is the Asparks Owl.

I agree, there are not in the space of the fastest car in the world. But if a petrol-head wants speed, whether on the highway, track, or any place which is not an airplane runway…speeds up to 315 kmph would do and the Japanese deliver the most reliable, long lasting, affordable super cars.

Expound bro

true. nimesikia that the DSG gearbox is notorious for failing ovyo ovyo

sawa sawa, I think this can go on and on, but my point was the Europeans specifically the Germans make cars that have higher speeds than the Japanese thus the experience part, you seem to be well versed and let me take your word that the Japanese cars can perform as well or outperform the Europeans and Americans, though I have my doubts when I think of the Tesla, the Bugatti, the Hennessey, the Ferrari and the likes, and when Iook at the history of speed cars.
Anyway, the Japanese are also good at speed.

On the GTR I meant Ghosn.

-I have a japan - stream for wife(family)

-And a benz for me.

-You can’t compare the two rides.

-The german inapenda mechanic sana…(needs regular check ups…mafuta nikama ina mwaga kwa barabara…but the ride and speed are awesome…)

-Honda stream.(fair riding experience…does 18km/l on highway…and bonnet hufunguliwa 3 times a year…and its a seven seater…)