Us aviation safety hearing. Paul Njoroge tells them as it is.

If we are to believe reports, the ‘Third world’ pilots you castigate had correctly addressed the same problem on the same aircraft days before the catastrophic crash.
Off-duty pilot saved Lion Air's 737 Max the day before its fatal flight
Keep in mind that this is before FAA’s airworthiness directive warning pilots about the issue, and instructing them on the corrective actions to be applied.

The question then becomes; who is this mysterious pilot, who knew how to correctly troubleshoot this issue even before the FAA warned about it? Why did he not report the matter to the airline considering the seriousness of the issue? Why did he not warn his fellow pilots? Resolving this matter implies he knew about MCAS, which Boeing had not revealed to any airlines and crews. How did he know how to correctly handle this situation?

To me this is one of the tactics used to cast doubt on the competence of some of the ‘3rd world’ aircrews by Boeing, and it is a major diversion from the real issue at hand:

1. Building an inherently unstable airplane, then silently introducing a system to try and correct the structural flaws
  2. Concealing MCAS until lives had been lost.
  3. Lying to airlines that their crews will not need to retrain to fly the MAX; a real plus for airlines because it keeps costs down.
  4. Making safety features an ‘optional add-in’
  5. Cutting corners in many small ways that when added up eventually led to an enormous problem, etc etc.

I’m eager to see how a software patch is going to make this airplane safe to fly in.

So where did I castigate 3rd world pilots? I merely asked a question. Why did it happen in the 3rd world (pilots). One talker above was kind enough to state that it was Ethiopian Airlines that bought a stripped aircraft. A plausable enough explanation.

I see. Stripped should not equal unreasonably dangerous.