US, Canada n mexico to host 2026 WC

48 teams…hell even our harambee stars should b able to qualify given 9 slots given to us nyeuthis

Africa will now get 9 slots, up from 5

If the USofA, Canada and Mexico can submit a single bid, then Africa as a continent can submit one joint bid

Do you mean Africa as a whole (as one bid) (can’t work of course) ama a regional bid e.g. North Africa?

The same Kenya that lost twice to India in the span of one week or another that am not aware of?
Na sitaki kuskia mtu akisema ati ilikuwa team B,C or D.
Our worst team should be able to comfortably beat those roti eating Indians.

Even South Africa government struggled to justify the $10 billion spent to build the stadium and auxiliary supporting infrastructure. They still had to spend another $5 billion in hosting it on numerous other costs. It was very stormy in Parliament to verify that they received more than $15 billion back in the economy from visitors etc. That was 8 years ago, now FIFA has increased participation countries by a third. This will take the cost of hosting World Cup to between $20-27 billion. Egypt and Morocco will struggle to get that and I doubt S.Africa will want to. That money alone put in infrastructure, development and services can transform a nation. Africa is being phased out from bidding very cleverly. Tokyo Olympics was to cost $20 billion. The uproar forced the Mayoral elections to heat up. The winner had promised to renegotiate with Japan PM and all stakeholders to host it at half the budget. He won with a landslide. The budget is down to $10 billion. The rest can go to other areas.

Football is not a maths test which depends on your brain. Its loyalty, emotions and passion. Your thinking with your brain, leaving everything else and that’s why you don’t get it. I support Man Utd for all the above, same with Warriors and All Blacks. Here the teams don’t inspire me as much except maybe Shujaa. My local football team is Zoo FC but that’s is because I saw it come from the village.

What you’re forgetting is that, for a team to earn a spot at the high table, they have to prove themselves within their respective continents. Now imagine if the teams were increased to 100, what kind of a tournament would that be?
Let qualifiers decide who gets in and who stays out, then we can have a lean, proper tournament to entertain us…

“Appreciation” is relative and subjective and even though soccer is still a small sport in North America, the MLS league is still bigger and better than most parts of the world, especially the developing nations.

Kwanza that means the tournament will be longer. More games more injuries then preseason tournaments. By the time the league starts players are fatigued instead of being rested.

Joint bids are actually more complicated than single nations because of all the co-ordination required. Africa’s current infrastructure can’t support joint bids.

And that will result in many players dropping out for fear of fatigue;preferring to just play for their clubs. And eventually the next thing utaskia ati full time ni 80 mins or less.

Can you guys relax! The eventual winner still has to play the same number of games (7 in total). Nothing changes! Check my earlier chart…

Also, the duration of the tournament doesn’t change. FIFA have gone out of their way to ensure this!

Mimi kwanza naomba England na France itoke group stages in this world cup. Let the boys rest. Preseason yetu no R.Madrid, Barcelona, Man city, Bayern etc. Yaani itabidi Team B icheze.

Hahaha…never ever! Mimi niko na France hadi mwisho…

I thought you were for more teams in the tournament? Sweet spot remains at 32… Hio 48 eventually itapanda tu… and thats where my concern is…

yani just for the love of game those mofos still call it soccer…Fifa should have got them to commit to calling it “football” as a pre-condition!

Hizi pesa ni mingi.

Ata mimi na support france outside africa.Sijui ni vile kuna weusi wengi.I don’t know.But there is something that is making me to support that country.

Manze nyeuthi mingi saidi. I think its the same effect that made me support them; since 1998, alafu nikaingia Arsenal juu ya kina Petit, Anelka, Vieira, alafu Mzitoh Henry akalandi….all WC winners…