Wanjigi hutoa wapi pesa zake

Wanjigis dad like many kenyas superrich octogenarians(1930-1940) were Administrators/had jobs in the colonial-Era government at a very young age. Wanjigis dad for example worked in a key lands ministry job. These were people who oversaw or facilitated stuff like the kenyattas massive land grab - ‘maybe’.
Anyway, Wanjigi Sr… At the age of 26 had amassed a lot of land and was the first CEO of ICDC!!(and probably among the people who looted it during Mo1 era.ICDC has a very interesting history) This generation ate with a big spoon… Matiba was a minister at the age of 24!
Wanjigi went on to be Embakassi MP for 25 years. And has been a minister for Agriculture, Tourism and Public Works during which he formed the Kwacha group of companies. They also had a racket with Saitoti (and others) where they extorted and/or “gave protection” to Asian businessmen in the 90’s.
Anyway that’s what pure effort and hardwork gets you in Kenya.

if you think wanjigi is powerful, you should meet Nelson

This is pure speculation but you’ve not stated the nature of business kwacha group engaged in.
I’ll tell you for free, that the father, maina wanjigi was wealthy but not a billionaire so again the question begs what kind of business other than hawking government contracts to the highest bidder , in other words, stealing our taxes???

A simple Google search may prove /disprove this speculations…
His Kwacha Group of Companies holds a controlling stake in the multi-billion Carbacid Investments, where Wanjigi has been chair for 50 years.

He also has stakes in Centum (where he was director at independence), East African Cables, KQ, Barclays, Total Kenya, Paperhouse Ltd, East Africa Office Equipment and real estate in Nairobi, Nakuru and Mombasa.

These are besides coffee estates in Murang’a, Nyeri and the 1,000-acre Gitamaiyu Coffee Estate in Ruiru, where milling and roasting is done. His businesses also include the extraction of bio-diesel from the Jatropha tree. He also had 100’s of acres in Karen.
Wanjigi Sr also graduated from Stanford, he was one of six Kenyans who were sponsored to Ivy league colleges by the Kennedys of the USA in the 60’s.

@Hot Chocolate! umeingia mitini?

Wanjigi snr was wealthy in his own right and I don’t need a Google search to know that, I know the family.
You’ve named the father’s property but my question is very specific about what industry is junior involved in that translates to billions
Btw for the uninformed,:coffee doesn’t make one a billionaire some members of my family have coffee in the kamiti area like real large scale coffee but they aren’t billionaires The main reason I’m asking is because the guy was a regular rich kid until about 2005 the turnaround came during the kibaki government, what changed???
What major industry did he start that made him more money than his father?
The answer is very simple , he’s a tenderprenuer period!
Lakini being in babu’s camp makes him Safi kama pamba

Niko busy nikisherekea mwaka mpya

Babake alikuwa MP enzi ya Kenyatta

who is Nelson?

cant hate the player though