Was I 'USED' or did i quit too early?

Maaahn, these kids of today are so ungrateful and impatient. Mi nilianza job as an intern and they were giving me 7K ya Ferrari which all ended kwa mat bado tu… I was patient for about 6months before I was confirmed for employment… The origin story aint pretty. But when you have patience it pays off. At the moment, I am branching off into self employment but employment is a rite of passage everyone passes through unless your Dad is Trump

Hio ni twenty dollars bwana…wanafanya in dollars

You’ve just been told there are some people who go for unpaid internship and its not that they come from well to do families.
They survive and yearn to go for more months.I am one of those guys.I did mine for 7 months unpaid but they had to terminate the program because they didn’t have a position for me,also bring in the labour laws.Luckily one of the guy I was working with knew someone who had an opening.I am still in the firm 5yrs down the line.

Just start your own company.
BYOB. This is the best time.

Working on that

I did my 6 months contract being paid basically half of what my peers were being paid in other institutions. After 6 moths I was absorbed na sasa hio Salo ni allowance moja. I don’t regret kuvumilia . :D:D

What you need is someone older than you to be talking to, he could have adviced you on what to do. I know you think you deserve a better pay, which is true but it does not work that way. When you are starting your career sometimes pay for your upkeep. Look at it as a farmer, when he is planting he denies himself those grains and uses them as seed. He weeds, buys fertilizer and chemicals, all this time he gets nothing from his farm. But when the time of harvesting comes he gets a hundred times what he sow. That is the way it is, that 5k can become 50k, then 100k etc just within one or two years

Wewe ni mjinga.

Yenyewe. That is why I am saying value of money changed while we were too busy to notice.

Hio course ni gani

The fact that you here asking if you made a mistake shows that even you know that you made a wrong call…and wtf does this little statement mean …"actually nlitoka huko na data kibao sana "

Computer SCIENCE

:smiley:

I would not hastily rebuke you for making the decision to quit because I feel that your post does not disclose your circumstances fully. Sometimes it becomes too difficult to continue in some situations, especially when each day is a physical struggle. When you have to go hungry while working for someone who can easily afford you lunch, even your spirit will rebel. If it was impossible to continue, just accept it and live comfortably with the consequences.

Nyinyi ndio mnafanya tushinde kutumiwa messages kwa simu…sijui betpawa,betnini…bet there

Today’s kids are so entitled and think the world owes them shit. Funny enough, the universe has a way of taming such people

@data-lord you havent disclosed why you left the internship?

What circumstances made you not continue with the internship?

Is it the half pay you received (which is normal since you are not permanently employed) or personal circumstances?

@data-lord don’t listen to these losers, you did the right thing. If you feel you’re not being compensated accordingly, you walk. IT firms make obscene amounts of money to treat their workers like slaves. If you’re as good as you claim, you can easily put your skills to use as a freelancer or score a better paying job.

Watoto wa siku hizo haki!!!

Is it our values our education system,poor parenting au Ni nini

After my diploma,I volunteered to work in a private university,I was paid nothing…hata fare hakuna

I did that for 6 months

Finally a kamuhindi lady whom I was fucking hurumiad me akiniitia job kwa the uncles factory in industrial area with a not so bad salo(24K in 2001 was enough kulipa comfortably 1 bedroom buru)

Amesema in one of the replies he had to take loans to survive, he couldnt earn any money on the side because he works long hours, pretty reasonable if you ask me.

@data-lord did you raise the issue with your supervisor? If you did not then the next time you are in a similar situation let them know what they are paying you isnt enough and suggest a raise, if they value your input they will act on it, if you are just a cog in the wheel they will let you go. It is important is to be able to work without worrying about basic stuff like transport and food and rent, your productivity takes a hit when you cant focus on work.