We Should Consider Changing School Starting Time

Official school time in Kenya is, Monday to Friday - (a) 8.00a.m to 3.30 p.m. for class hours and (b) 3.30 p.m. to 4.45 p.m. for co-curriculum activities. Iyo ingine ni ujuaji ya walimu na wazazi.

Who drafted the system for us? The Asians or Europeans? It’s us ourselves. And that points to whom the problem is.

Exactly. I prefer 9am. Kids shouldn’t be forced to wake up at odd hours, it is punishing them unnecessarily. Then after all that slavery ukose kazi. They should be let out of school by 3pm latest. I’ve seen small kids asleep on kenya mpya buses past 7pm and felt very sorry for them.

A neighbour’s kid yuko standard 6 na anakujiwa 5;30am aende riara. Hio ni mateso bila chuki. Yet my kids’ school stars at 8:30 - 2:00pm. Mimi hutoka home nao 8:15 tunatembea tukipiga story and 10 minutes later tuko shule. I decided when choosing a school, one of the things to look for is reporting time and it should also be near home.

Niko Kenya chieth sublenya

Nimetolelea comment

Mimi hushangaa- nikitoka kwa pigsty yangu, Ongata Rongai, at 5am naona watoto kwa barabara wanangoja school bus