Wedding Contributions and Wozap Groups

I have an uncle who comes to fundraise in the city like twice a year with invitation cards printed with everyone he knows and titled as Chief Guest or Deputy Guest.
Fell for it once and sent him off with a few G’s and apologies for not attending, before I found out later that he visits all relatives, friends and prominent villagemates with those cards and they are all either the chief or deputy guests.
Can imagine the loot he goes back with.

Ama ukubali kuoa community wife ! Pipi wa harambee !

:D:D:D

What functions does he invite you to? after kutumiwa na pre-weddings, conmen moved on to mashakayas. Oh I have lost my bro or sis in Kenya…taimagini we would foolishly roll up and changa. Even for shoshos, gukas, aunties, uncles only to learn that some people were lying to us.:mad::mad::mad:
So moving on, we only contribute for parents/siblings death and only if you v tight with someone or you know each other from back home. You don’t even have to go in person, toa pesa online because the person could be living v far from you. And there is a responsible person normally in charge of the contributions and he/she sends the money home and sends us the confirmation.

Church construction, The kids Uni education, Some community projects on his parcel of land etc
And what’s mashakayas? Hekayas maybe?

Oki. Mashakaya is the mourning period before burial. Think it is 5 days in Cendro?. Mainly held in the evenings at the residence or another venue of your choice…to pray, sing and changa money for the send off.

enda kwa wazee,kabla wakubali uchukue kunguru yao,lipa ya kuwafunga macho…wakikubali,enda kwa lawyer akutengenezee affidavit kusema mko unionized[SIZE=1] is that a word?[/SIZE] under customary laws,kunguru alete ID,pia wewe,muweke kidole and you are done

:D, thank you y’all.
Well I’m not a small boy and y’all has been a word since back in my days, uli come Nairobi lini, ama you’ve been a ghetto chap all your life.
Lakini y’all mbili imekupea heartburn hivi?
Haukupata message iliyokuwa ndani ya hiyo insha fupi!

Hii area ya kazini ilibidi tuamue we will only be contributing towards;

1. Lost parents (including inlaws)
  2. Lost Spouse
  3. Children.

It just shows how much the Kenyan middle class and poor has its priorities wrong. Why does a person marry when they have not saved enough money? 1-2 million is enough to carry out an organized wedding.
Then the parents of the girl engage in useless and backward cultural extortion called dowry. Why don’t both sides come up with money and use it to pay for the wedding and honeymoon of their kids or use the money to help them kick-start their life? How do you pay 1 million dowry then let your children go around begging, while you have been working all your life? watu wakona pesa hawana hii upuzi, If people have no means it makes no sense to have a dowry,pre-wedding then a large wedding in the rural area to impress people. Most people in the west stick to their lanes-Hold a simple garden wedding or go to Las Vegas and hold a simple ceremony, or if you are rich organize a large wedding. The Kenyan middle class is a person living from paycheck to paycheck with a poor person’s mentality

True

Priorities upside down saa hiyo wako rentals tu

Matanga

Hii kitu inaitwa wedding na marriage ndio nini?