Westgate Vs. Dusit D2

I still wonder how and why the operation took 12 hours… That’s too looong… I am imagining hiding in that building for 12 hours not knowing whether the rescuers/terrorists will hit me first. I believe a successful operation should be swift unless there is a “negotiation” scenario in place. I cant imagine how many people the attackers would have killed within the span of 12 hours if they wanted… I understand the need to be systematic and try to get as many people as possible out of there and to safety, but man, I cannot even begin to imagine what it was like being stuck in that building even for 3-4 hours! In fact watching events unfold live on Citizen TV, I believe I observed the RECCE squad arriving at 5pm or thereabout…2 hour later! Obviously they were meeting, gathering intel and developing a rescue strategy but after all is said and done, I still think there needs to be a rapid response team that can be on site in 15 minutes flat (with pre-practiced scenarios)…even if through a parachute drop (do we have such a team in place?). Responding in the very few first minutes of an event like could really derail the plans of the attackers and make a huge difference in saving lives…

True and i dont think it brought the desired results they expected for instance instead of kenyans and the world criticizing them they are actually praising the security forces even to a point that the brits recognize the effort of one of their own …as in what the terrorism operation yielded apart from lives lost was just praise,as much as it did leave a bad impact the process of eliminating them was well executed… right now there are some really angry niccers in somalia n other arab countries wondering why that ordeal did not make us look bad, other african countries like nigeria, Tz are awed about how the security forces handled it

it’s an open secret that after that event, recce were highly demoralized , maybe the President specifically went in as a show of solidarity and to let them know blunders do happen . I guess by doing that , he left them in high spirits.
personally I don’t know what would have happened , if the luncheon was never held, but all in all, there was way much improvements, from the last incidence .

It would have been best if the attack was stopped before it happened , but the handling was superb …
the co-ordination of the rescue was superb, armed civilians were also very helpful

12hrs is commendable, the Moscow siege took 3 days , and left 170 people dead.

Moscow theater hostage crisis - Wikipedia

[SIZE=7]Moscow theater hostage crisis[/SIZE]
The Moscow theater hostage crisis (also known as the 2002 Nord-Ost siege) was the seizure of a crowded Dubrovka Theater by 40 to 50 armed Chechens on 23 October 2002 that involved 850 hostages and ended with the death of at least 170 people. The attackers, led by Movsar Barayev, claimed allegiance to the Islamist separatist movement in Chechnya.[1] They demanded the withdrawal of Russian forces from Chechnya and an end to the Second Chechen War.

Hii ni 2002 bado putin was a struggling politician. Sahizi KGB wanaweza land hapo Islamist terrorist washangae

Wacha uwongo Putin assumed leadership in 2000 and by then he had already grown very powerful having been defacto head of Yeltsin’s kitchen cabinet…besides he had been the director of federal security services in the 90s so such a massacre would be a direct indictment of his helm at the security body.

You are right in a few things and wrong in one. Yes I was told how we stopped a terrorist attack planned for TRM two years back. Last year we also stopped an attack on Nairobi University who details were publish by media. trump didn’t the drone attacks, in fact he expanded it and handed over final authority from white house to africom in Djibouti. The generals there have been hitting alshabab on drones almost every week. I suspect this attack was also in retaliation to that. However trump is reducing troop number in Africa particular in central and west Africa. They will stay here in the horn of Africa because they don’t want China or Russia to fill that gap. I dislike the usa a lot but our security forces have been modernized and trained by them.

Questions must be answered first before storming by the security agents in this kind of scenario…are the terrorists armed with bombs/grenades?, are they holding hostages as shields?, where exactly are they in the building?, how many are they? how is the design of the building?
Of course these terrorists know that whoever takes the higher ground first has an added advantage…thats why they move to the upper floors quickly making insertion by helicopter a dangerous move…
This is where snipers, nightvision capability, robots become useful tools to the good guys.

other news stated that USA economist were to hold conference at dusitD2 but changed the meeting to gemsuites hotel last minute

The Moscow siege was a very different event from the Dusit one. You cannot compare a hostage situation to a suicide mission. With hostage takers, you can save lives because they have demands and are interested in staying alive. Terrorists on a suicide mission are prepared to die so they will try to kill as many as possible before they’re neutralized. I honestly think those terrorists were either very amateurish, as in they never thoroughly surveilled the building to understand exactly the challenges they would face, or just conducted their mission half-heartedly. A highly motivated team would have easily killed up to 50 people within 30 minutes, steel barriers or no. It’s like they expected the place to have wooden doors that they would shoot open and kill people door to door. If that had happened, they’d have killed hundreds of people.

These guys had absolutely no coordination, it was like everyone would just try to kill as many people as possible, without a clear strategy. Though the response was better this time around, we still have some improvements to make. I understand these commandos have to take into consideration things like booby traps, but the response needs to improve. Unfortunately, I think we’ll have to suffer a few more attacks until our forces gain sufficient experience.

mimi husoma huko states lone gunmen who perpetuate mass shooting take out 30-40-50 people, even a lone gunman killed several guys on an army base in the states - hapa kenya when 6 heavily armed gunmen, with explosives are cornered and only manage around 20 casualties we complain ati they did not do better.
All those involved in the rescue mission did a stellar job, and the officers who cornered and killed those terrorists did an exemplary job.

Can you name one siege that was resolved within minutes?

You’re right. I must have misread an article on Syria…

But for sure whoever these guys were communicating with in Somalia will surely be dead within a month.

Well done RECCE. I was happy KDF were kept at bay. Lakini a lot more needs to be done. The Border is still very porous. Al Shabaab are still coming in via Boni Forest. Every few months they are killing police hiko Northeastern and Lamu.

However we still need to reign in on these civilian gun owners.

There are both pros and cons. The people in Kiambu and Ruaka could very well be the next sleeper cell that strikes, dead terrorists tell no tales. You can probably rest assured that the communications were intercepted and their recipients are being tracked down.

There is no true benchmark for this type of terrorist siege, the only other one that comes close to it were the Mumbai attacks that lasted 4 days. They were not just gunmen, they had grenades and were willing to blow themselves up as one of them had already done. There are always lessons learned from such events and improvements made.

Th

that war benefits banks and politicians