What ails retail in Kenya?

Muhindi Khetias ameshika chini North Rift kenya that family inaingiza pesa mzuri in a day.

@Lonely Lover kama unamjua share contacts
I need her house keeping services

Boss I cut my coat according to my size. Hakuna kitu na ogopa kama deni. Na Kula sumni naweza sumni. Hakuna kitu mzuri like living on your budget.

Very true. Well put. I observed the same with clothes business. When you go to buy a shirt, you can find 20 shops with exactly the same brand of shirts. Everyone is importing from the same suppliers in Turkey or China and all men’s clothes shops have exactly the same counterfeit stuff. It is hard to be sustainable or to go big because everyone can copy the business easily.

The other impediment to big retail outlets, is the culture we have as a country, of employers paying salaries at the end of the month, both Private and Public.
These causes chaos everywhere, hadi network huwa sina slow down, kila mahali huwa ni lines. Why can’t, the private sector be encouraged and incentivized to be paying salaries and weges weekly and biweekly ?
That way people have money to spend around the month, and reduce the pressure on goods and service providers ?

Ukweli manze. With all the hawkers and stalls around, large scale establishments become a luxury for a large percentage of the population

But khetias is opening branches in Western and nyanza

Game supermarket only operated a handful of branches in upmarket malls and thus relied on a few shoppers buying mostly non-essential products. Hawangetoboa the curse of South African retailers in Kenya.

What nonsense is this? House help should eat whatever it is the family is eating.

So vile upstairs ya Garden City inakuanga na many empty shops,si Game wataacha shimo kubwa bana

LC Waikiki?

Then akianza kuhandwa alipe madeni za kitambo anahamia duka ingine and he starts all over again. Rinse and repeat

Fųck greedy corporates.

Such families ndio mboch hukojolea maji ya kusonga ugali. Like how in the hell treat another human like that. Mimi we eat with mboch in the same dining room area si kumwabia akulie kitchen solo. If am going out with kids mboch anapewa option of coming with us or if she wanna take some time off akapigwe service na Kevo. I grew up ma mboch wakilipwa 3-5k in the late 90s no way you can pay a mboch same amount today. Wengi ndio wana support kwao bana. Kuna house boy wangu fulani alitemewa mate na nyoka while on duty and another time akaumia akiwa kwangu. Both cases nilimshow akatibiwe and i paid the bill on me bila kumkata mshande. Some people will never see heaven if it exists.

Not an isolated case by the way…the youth are suffering bana. I hear lots of horror stories from such hustlas but atleast cases of sexual harrasment arent that much…just slow demeaning psycological torture…by the time someones back home they just seem soul less and broken. Bana ni sad.

…paying wages weekly or after every two weeks. This should be implemented

So kukua na wholesale shop is much better?

Upus… Are you suggesting that competition should be regulated?

Give value and you’ll capture 100 % of the market hata kama mko one million competitors…

I have my local shopkeeper whose products costs less than the supermarkets. We have developed a very strong trustable credit bond. Huwa nakopa bila haya na nalipa vizuri sana. Everything nachukua kwake, anauza hadi omena na cereals na nyanya na kitungu. Am sorted when am down in her shop

It the South African kiburi. These guys don’t understand the market. Carrefour made it by understanding what to stock and what to sell, the same with other successful market entrants. These failing companies come to Kenya and hire weak heads so that their policies are just pushed from SA or whenever.