What car problems are you going through?

ruined my rear quarter panel today entering the shopping mall. so painful. paint was scraped off hadi kwa mabati

Kuna hii clunking sound kwa steering ya Subaru when I turn the wheel. The mechanics say ni kawaida. Still figuring out how kawaida this is.

Peleka ngamia kwa mekanik wahakikishe si arthritis

Hehe

Mlevi niuzie hio motherboard niweke Kwa comp

I don’t trust any “mechanic” who doesn’t know how to read a service manual.

Everything has to be done correctly, down to the torquing bolts and nuts to spec.

ume enda church…

[ATTACH=full]189950[/ATTACH]

Toolset ni muhimu Sana .Here is a start for the basics.
http://www.mrduka.com/images/thumbnails/465/465/detailed/2/27pcs935c.jpg

Same here.
Either head gasket/valve seals ama worn out rings plus shitty dithoro ya huku Nyanza.
CMC-Obote Rd pia ni wezi, eti Ford Ranger glow plugs lazima ziwe ordered from Nairobi (takes 2weeks!!! @#!?), lakini niligundua za Mitsubishi work very well, sio lazima utumie OEM.

Some of these roadside mechanics can actually compound your issues. You take for them one thing to fix and they get out of their depth and start looking for issues elsewhere and mess up other things. 1 cases come to mind for me.

I once took my car to a mechanic since it was leaking oil from intake camshaft pulley. The issue was simple enough… remove intake pulley, change oil seal and return pulley. So we did just that. Except now the car cant start.

This guy went around checking the plugs… continuosly unscrewing them and screwing them back in. Big Mistake! The car has an aluminium head and if you do that continuosly and try to start the car, you can easily damage the threads that enable you to screw the plugs. So now i find that 2 of the plugs cant screw in properly and they only go like 3/4 of the way. It got late and I had to leave the car and so we agreed to meet the next day.

I did some research online and discovered that that particular engine in my car has the VVT mechanism in the intake pulley. A common mistake mechanics make with it is to not return the pulley properly and it was explained how it should be done. Went back the next day and this guy was still fixated on the plugs. I told him to remove the pulley (which drew laughter from him as he was very sure there is nothing wrong there… but he complied after I insisted) and told him how to properly return it. Car started up right away.

But now I need to remove the cylinder head so that I can have the area for the plugs rethreaded. And ofcourse, I would also need to change the head gasket as well which by the way I needed to import since I cant find that gasket locally! All caused by a mechanic who didnt know what he was doing. Very annoying.

Then there was another time I took my aircon to be refilled. The guy who did the refilling didnt do it properly and the air coming out of the car vents was not as cold as it should be. I didnt know the aircon was not refilled properly at the time and thought maybe there is something else wrong. So I took it to a mechanic who checked it and he came to the conclusion that the fan that cools the aircon system infront of the radiator was bad

So the guy begun checking it and in the process, he got to checking the electricals. He got to the relay box and did alot of matope there by removing relays and not returning them to where he had originally removed them from. He ended up shorting the ecu which became unreliable i.e. the car would start when it feels like and would sometimes go off while you were driving. You would then need to wait like 30 min then it might start again.

Now, I couldnt find the ecu locally but luckily managed to get it on ebay. Importation and duty cost was 20k. Fixed it in and the problem went away. I finally took the car to Sagoo Radiators to check on the aircon refill. They told me that the previous guy had done alot of matope. The pressure in the aircon system was too high and the refill fluid wasnt enough. They fixed it and the aircon became ice cold. These days I swear by sagoo radiators when it comes to aircons.

So basically, if you engage a guy who doesnt know what they are doing, you can go down a very expensive path.

Now you know. @Baba Ochi is the only roadside mechanic natambua

could be many things: worn bushes, ball joints kaput, rack ends kaput etc etc. enda uangaliliwe na mtu anajua kile anafanya