What do you call this?

A cow should produce milk daily during lactation period. See my reply to @Kenyanbor4 . you cant produce milk throughout the year.

The cow will calf (of course not 100% surety). I know you will choose to eat the calf na chumvi as you say, for me I will add to my stock

@Trojanex does this cow of yours start producing milk magically?
Ama unanunua ng’ombe na ndama?

Kuna wenye huuza ng’ombe anakamuliwa and the price tag is high. Remember my 100K was an approximation, it can even be 150k. This was just an example of how you can choose to invest (with minimal risk) some money lying in the bank instead of letting it just lie there

Assuming you milk the cow for 10 months, 2 months cow is dry before next carving, milk sales = 12 l x 40 bob x 30 days pm x 10 months = 144,000

If the cow eats 1 bale of hay each day @200 bob then your feed costs for the year are 200x30x12 months = 72,000

Profit = 72,000 ie 6k per month

And you still have your cow worth 100k ie your 100k is making you 72k per yr.

So its possible to save 5k per month.

Yes and you still have some milk to enjoy. Unfortunately at Ktalk pple look at saving 100k per month na chini ya hapo ni upuuzi…virtual millionaires

If you can get one producing an average of 25l per day throughout the 10 month milking period it would even be better.

Assuming you milk the cow for 10 months, 2 months cow is dry before next carving, milk sales = 25 l x 40 bob x 30 days pm x 10 months = 300,000

If the cow eats 1 bale of hay each day @200 bob then your feed costs for the year are 200x30x12 months = 72,000

Profit = 228,000 ie 19k per month

So your 100k is making you 228k per yr + 1 calf.

You can increase your herd to 10 cows in about 5yrs and be making about 190k profit per month.

What is your main career? Why not invest in that career that you understand well and that you went to school for rather than something you are not well versed in?

A cow producing 25lt of milk per day eating only 1 bale of hay/day? What are you guys smoking? Such a dairy cow will also require fodder daily rich in protein, mineral salt licks, and even dairy meal. Not forgetting good clean housing and periodic visits by a vet. I know this cause i have two dairy cows although not producing that amount of milk.

A dairy cow should eat 20kg of forage per day. You can also add mavi ya kuku (poultry manure) kidogo and molasses to the hay to make the cellulose digesting bacteria in the cows rumen happy.

Tupatie hesabu ya your 2 cows and this will be very helpful for any aspiring farmers coz you are actually doing it.

You invest what you are ready to loose(kuchomeka)
Don’t dare invest what you are not ready to loose
Otherwise acha iyo pesa kidogo iendelee kukaa kwa bank

Mdau hizi hesabu niliziona na watu wa quaro AKA Quail eggs, Quail meat a few years ago.

500 quails × 250 eggs daily × 150 per egg = kshs 18, 750,000 daily

18,750, 000 × 30 = kshs 562,500,000 per month

562,500,000 - 4200 labour costs = kshs. [SIZE=5]562,495,800[/SIZE] pure profit after taxes.

Jackpot!!! Retire to Maldives.

Ama ile ingine ya hasora:D:

200,000 chicken x 150,000 eggs daily x 10 bob per egg = Ksh 1,500,000 daily.

Anyway tufanyie hesabu realistic ya hiyo dairy cow.

Not now because it’s still not an optimal undertaking. But feeds/fodder is the biggest challenge particularly now its dry and the fodder is at a premium. .

Then give us a hypothetic situation or what the mathematics would be in an ideal situation. It will help us get an insight into dairy farming.

The money was ‘idling’. The term was reasonably chosen…there could be other savings

wewe enda ukafanye research ya round earth

Tells us more now that you have first hand experience. This is not a sure fire post but we are trying to see how we can make good use of a rusting file
[ATTACH=full]385517[/ATTACH]

banae, these pple are out here to shoot us down instead of helping improve our foothold

Na unaongea.meffi…kwani you unignored talkers you had ignored