What do you think about this design?

You don’t need kitchen windows per se. In fact my 2bdr apt has no kitchen windows but there’s adequate light and ventilation. I think the entry to the kitchen from the living room should be moved to where the wall is, for better light penetration.

Huwa imeniudhi sana . For wazungu sawa , but we are Africans , unapigana na ugali yako but every guest in the living room is watching and listening . Find a way for a wall and door to cover the kitchen area but with a small gap opening to the dining room .

I also used to fing the idea funny until I build one with an open kitchen. I have come to like it.
Am sure that can be fixed as follows:
[ATTACH=full]132695[/ATTACH]

Yenyewe hapo mchoraji alinoa.

A second thought, i don’t like the plan…let me get to my archive an fish something u might want to consider.

Heheee

Birrioneare tafta architect uache kusumbua laymen huku.

Weka hapa tuzione.
@Okiya, pia weka ya pigsty yako.

hehehehe
KTalk is the official consultant on all matters under the sun. We first get advise here before going to the professionals. Inatusaidia tusigongwe sana.

[ATTACH=full]132699[/ATTACH]
Ground Floor
[ATTACH=full]132701[/ATTACH]
Typical floor.

You might consider these under-developed plans and come up wit a better plan. Though in this case, u have three 2 Bedroom units and one 1 bedroom units.
If i was the investor, i would leave the entire ground floor as parking area.

Sijatembea sana. How does this work?

Shops apana, coz its a private highly-secure compound where no outsiders are allowed. Hio population haijustify a shop.

Nice.
What plot size? Na uko na dimensions?

iko fine thengiu

Then tell architect to give his all in terms of design, the floor layout is a bit lazy in my opinion, but the elevations ziko on point. And also guys will be willing to pay more rent for a master ensuite

That’s an 8th in kinoo I would give it between 6m-10m, from your plan the two floors and what you suggest the construction will be between 25m-35m, this comes to a range of 30m-45m total investment.
So let’s look at the return which is the rental income… On the lower side let’s put rent @25kp.m on a four units you will get average of 300k p.m, To break even on your investment you need to reach the 500k p.m to comfortably make the return on total investment. So like it or not you either build more floors to accommodate the two missing units… Or over charge on your rent.

Bed sitter za majuu

plot size was 50x100 actually, the boundaries are shown as outer bold line.
Dimension sina kwa sasa but naweza kuwekea automatic dimensions, not so appealing but they will show u an indication of sizes of different rooms.

Two staircases, more cost

There is a way to ventilate the kitchen by depressing that wall by about 300- 400mm from the staicase, although its not a very neat design

You have been advised enough I think…but if I was to rearrange the plan, without much of dimensional changes to the built up area, I would separate the dining area from the kitchen and force the latter to the side of the balcony…Ndio tenant apate place ya kueka gunia zake za makaa coz sio wote wata afford kupika kwa stima heneway.
Another thing am sure might happen is forcing some windows to the void spaces within coz am sure the plot borders others and you will have to fix one of the walls (base line) close as possible to the beacon..to leave a bigger space for normal usage eg parking on the other end(s)

[ATTACH=full]132708[/ATTACH]
Dimensions in mm

Nazipenda sana. Days are gone wakati watu walikua wakificha bedrooms .I mean kama uko na bedroom smart na safi show it off

Agreed. But at times its the lesser evil.
Now @Thagichu should see an Architect and have a discussion to fine tune his ideas.