What if you won 100 Million Shillings; What would you do with it?

Using that money will make you depressed. There’s something called the hedonic treadmill. The best thing is to live a simple life and may be have on or two luxuries. Like a holiday or two a year. The rest buy vanguard index funds, never let your money be managed.

Three tired, silicone-shot, bleached whales are your ultimate fantasy. What a terrible waste!!

Oh well, I guess local cuculites are real to some.

kama huna financial intelligence huwes toboa… kwanza you need to relax for about one month before using that money… juu ile kuchanganikiwa utachanganikiwa…heri ata RAO

3 Likes

Me nitaenda Uganda nikue billionaire…

naoa Corazon Kwamboka mara hio na ana sign prenupt na kumpiga ball same day ndio nianze investments .

1 Like

How can you grow the 1M to 100M? Kind of risks you would take please

Such information is requested and given formally in writing and at a fee. No offence mate.

Sawa. Ngojea nikule hiyo jackpot meffi

Huku pali nipo, ukifa, there is a Death tax on your estate na wale watarithi. Taxes are real. Pana michezo.

After tax this would return around 70mil I estimate since I am not sure about the tax rate for winnings.

I would go to a budding town e.g. Nax, Thika or Mombasa but a few plots in mid income areas and build some apartments. 10mil for land and another 60mil for the apartments. I estimate I can get 1mil a month on rent. That is like 40 apartments at 30k each. 1.2m gross in case of full occupancy. 200k goes into maintainance and increasing the value of then property e.g. lighting, fancy gate, etc

I know landlords are supposed to pay 20℅ of the rent in tax. That means 0.2*1.2m = 240k. Which means a net of around 960k maximum. Instead of paying this tax I would just travel around countries with cheaper living standards e.g. Rwanda, TZ, Asia etc and make sure I am in Kenya for less than 4 months in total. I believe one is liable to pay tax once you’ve been in Kenya for 182 days a year since tax is on residency.

I would have enjoyed a greater life experience due to travel, less sumbua from relatives since 90℅ of the time I am unreachable. Plus also consider being a foreigner I have the ability to live my life with no social pressure to conform to an expensive lifestyle. Sijui why are you not driving a range etc.

Each month I would ensure I am in a new country. Rent a furnished apartment 50-100k, food plus entertainment would cost 100k and airfare around 60k. Total 300k at most. Net income comes to 600k plus a month(7m a year) which goes into a fixed savings account that I always dispose after 6months on small investments. Maybe another plot, stocks etc. Th

The travel part I have borrowed fron the book, 4 hour work week by Tim Feriss and the rest(legally not paying tax and aggressive saving) from a finance blog on the same that I follow a lot.

By the end of 5 years I would have travelled and lived in 40 countries with a chunk of savings, capital appreciation of my property and a budding real estate business since I am now building my second apartment block

1 Like