What is wrong with Cabbage farming?

According to me, I would like to say that there is nothing wrong with caggage farming. The only problem with cabbage is that it requires anumber of things of which the lazy people may never manage. For example, it needs a number of skills and the skilled personel. Cabbage requires a number of managements that should be done timely. A friend of mine planted cabbage but he didnt get even the capital as the return. All the cabbage he planted, got rootten in the farm and I realised that you need high technology for you to get well in the cabbage farming. The market is also scarce, so they get spoiled at the market, so sad. But when you get the profit well, it aways tripple the capital.

Farming in Kenya is trix. You have to contend with middle men. Wanaitwa brokers.

Just a guy with a hired lorry. He moves around collecting your produce and later sells it in the markets to traders.
If you’ve ever tried planting cabbages utajuana na hawa waovu.

I shed tears selling cabbage. Either you sell today at a bad price ama zioze.
I came to understand why someone would chop them up for their cows.

Getting your own lorry doesn’t make economical sense. Unless you find a buyer for your cabbage kwa market. Then you start looking for the transport and you realize it costs the same to transport as you will receive from the buyer.
Unachoka tu

Nangoja hii ijibiwe pia…

You are overlooking the demand side here. At my place we don’t plant cabbages on a higher scale due to their low yield and perishability. Your argument is to spread the planting across the year to maximize on demand. Right? But If cabbage has demand, nyanya or mishiri will have higher demand. My point is, cabbage farming, in relative terms, it’s a thankless job

Saa hii kuna glut… Most of it normally goes to educational institutions. Na saa most zimefunga… Pitia timboroa-- matharu area uone vile karibu zinapeanwa bure

Cue very wet clown’s pockets in an around Timboroa… Pwacha pwacha!

timing of harvest. the majority depends on the rain, leading to glut. use irrigation, take adv of water when there are no rains.

water supply assumed constant?

I plant my cabbages in January when no one else is planting because of dry season. I water them religiously and by the end of March they are fully grown. When planting I partition the plots with maize(3 months variety) the maize helps with hose pipe management. By harvest time, I sell each head at at least 30-50 shillings, farm gate prices

water is key, I used to do the same back them days growing in the village as a hustler kid, before joining univ. french beans, capsicum, cabages

Capsicum I plant in September and start selling late November and peak around Mid to end of December when demand is high.

Hiyo talk ilifanya women wa Meru akose votes last election.