What made you quit?

Drinking is not bad kwa wale watulivu… ni vile wachokozi kwa hawawezi pata ya kahalfken everyday.

I never quit drinking, I quit drinking irresponsibly in groups and with friends.
If you limit your consumption, you can live to be almost 100 years like Njonjo without much adverse effects on your health and pocket.

Mwanaume ni kujijua, pombe haijawahi kwisha hii dunia.

Wee kimakia sijui nini hukusumbua or you were dropped on your head when little. Endelea na keg zako pole pole.

Unataka akuoe?

Hehehe umbwa

A man is only as good as his vices.

It goes without saying then that the less damaging your vices are, the better your odds in life. The human body is highly predisposed to addiction thats why kama hujawahi onja pombe dont start, bcoz you will never stop. Same with ciggarettes. Utajidanganya unakunywa monster na redbull kama sleyqwin @M2Random but its just a matter of time before u fall back in that hole. It does not help much that our society paints alcohol as ‘cool’ and ‘urbane’.

Ever wondered why you sometimes ‘miss’ that girl who got away, despite that she ferked up your life? Thats the same neuron cycle that your brain uses to process addiction. Alcohol looks like fun and harmless in your virile 20s and early 30s but once it gets a good grip of your rapid deteriorating brain with less synapses in your 40s ndio utajua hujui.

PS: 99.9% of people dont realize how wasteful alcohol is until they hit 45 with nothing to show other than broken dreams and wasted years. Kama hujaonja pombe usionje.

Pombe sio mbaya. I can drink a minimum of 5 days in a week though I do it responsibly. For your case, it well means hukua unakula vizuri coz that’s the only reason you got the hangovers extending that long.
Asubuhi amkia dishi ya matoke na kanyama kiasi ndani yake na ikue na supu kiasi yake na firifiri. Lunch kula mbuzi ya tumbukiza kiasi chako and I can guarantee you jioni unamesa Tusker nne na chrome quota from Monday to Friday bila wass!

Mimi pombe niliwacha the day nililetewa coomer Kwa hostel mjulubeng ikakataaa to raise to the occasion.
I used to be a DDO kazi ilikuwa Keg na Flying horse. Hizo vitu zilinimess Bana. I had to fake ati naumwo na tumbo na ninaharisha. Nilienda Kwa Choo nikaanza kupiga mjulubeng makofi pleading with it. Brathe mbona Una niangusha. Isiwe Ivo Mtu wangu.:D:D:D:D.
Nilijifanya naenda clinic nikaita beste ati nimezidiwa. Mwoman kwenda ilienda na Mabeste Kwa bar. Lakini Ile haibu nilikuwa nayo ilibidii nishike crest kubwa.
Kwanzia hio siku for 5 years pombe sijawai weka Kwa mdomo changu.

But huoni hapo ni a little bit illogical. … that you live your life to support this habit. Even your feeding habits are instructed by your drinking. Ati ukule a heavy constipation diet ndio usiungue maini… :smiley:

That you have to pad your intestines heavily to survive this industrial grade chemical called THE CHROME!!! Don’t you see that the booze is the master in this relationship advising your key decisions?

Huwezi kula ka weetabix ama ku-pudding juu MASTER CHROME hatakubali.

Na tena ujue 4 beers ni 800 per day! Wacha tu tuseme ni thao ukiongeza master chrome. So in a good year you blow away a good 300k plus.

Saa hii tunaongea ungekuwa na kaquarter pale Ruaka! Ama ka vw polo hivi ama hata ka-flat kamefika 2nd floor! Hio 300k umepatia mbirrionea Kiereini.

Na tena usisahau ya kwamba kama wewe ni DDO wa Tusker 4, lazima ushikie maboyz juu wewe ndio chairman pale kwa counter.

Ukiingia hivi unaanza kuitwa mzito from the doorway hadi wanakuvutia bar stool. Na ujue huwezi kunywa solo. So it’s 4 beers for you and 4 beers for the community at large. Hio ni 2k per day.

Hio ni kua very irresponsible. I drink almost everyday after work…tusker mbili but ikizidi tatu…I have regular drinking partners but kama kuna kitu hua sifanyi ni kununulia wanaume pombe kila siku. I might buy someone a beer or two on a Saturday. And by the way I can’t remember the last time I got drunk, or had a hangover…hio niliacha vile nilitoka campus 12years ago

So by your logic all those who don’t drink have at least a vw polo…or plots…and those who don’t have nothing! Well, this might not apply to all of us but I got my first job nikiwa bar. Juzi nimepata deal poa sana ya kaplot huko ngong nikiwa bar. My current job nilipata nikikunywa saa nane ya usiku pale whitesands. We have responsible drinkers and we have alcoholics…if you are the type to get overwhelmed by alcohol heri uwache. some even miss work, or spend on alcohol and neglect other responsibilities…if you are that type heri uwachane na ulevi.

Sio irresponsibility ni part of African decorum. Hakuna vile utaketi na ndume mwenzako for 1 hour … mmetukana Raila ama Uhuru pamoja halafu useme alright goodnight. Tuonane kesho. Na ukule hadi nyama solo…

Wazungu ndio najua ni wagamu kiasi hio. Inevitably utasema, “Mercy kuja hapa keino, patia huyu mzee balozi moja na uandike hapa kwa receipt yangu!”

Kuwacha ulevi ni ngumu for many. It’s part of their social routine. But my point is you enrich those bar owners incredibly.

Unaona ukipiga corner pale downstairs kuna ile place huwa wanawekelea empty beer crates. Simama hapo and count all those beer bottles. And then look for the real sonko who owns that pub and look at the car he or she drives.

And yes indeed if you don’t drink then you might not buy a VW but that money remains in your account earning interest. Before long you start thinking, “Hey wacha nifanye ka project!”

My name is KODIAGA and I dont do Drugs

Na hii mambo yote ya bar na hadi mahali crate za maempty zinaekwa, umejulia wapi? Wacha kutubeba wanaa…

I am in my early forties, been drinking since after high school so that’s 20 years plus. I drink Tusker, occasionally shifting to White cap, some busaa whenever I visit the village which is like 3 times a year. I never drink hard stuff. I normally drink on Fridays, Saturdays and holidays. I can never touch a beer kama kesho ni siku ya job hata nikiitiwa ya bure. I usually take about 7 beers in a sitting. I take a lot of water so I can get to bed at midnight and will be up at 6 without a rumour of a hangy. I have a family. I believe I have my sh$t together. My only stress is managing the kitambi. Alcohol is not the problem, managing it is the problem.

True

I think i know u