What society are we building?

Utageuziwa ! Na utakuwa responsble kila kitu from the police report n all hospital info. Worst part ikiwa police case u end being treated like a criminal.
Sept 2013 I helped a hit n run victim along mombasa road who later died . Worst experience ever kwanza with the casualty at KNH then the police had to be involved. I learnt my lesson

Give us a brief summary of what transpired, please.

:):):slight_smile:

Our first instinct is always “What’s in it for me?”…a self-centered society! I saw the images of one Boniface Mwangi on twitter helping a hit & run victim at T-mall…The saddest part is that a crowd of onlookers had already gathered and none of them dared to help!

A society is made up of individuals, you and me basically. Simply because others do wrong doesn’t mean you must. Let’s not lose our humaneness and fail to help when we could simply because no one else offered to.

I had a very good proposal on how to curb irresponsibility on the roads which I shared with NTSA. When I met Kamau the ex- CS, he promised to revert to me. I could tell he wasn’t impressed coz there was nothing in for him. Have been waiting since March last year.

So, with that kind of leaders, more lives will continue to perish on our roads.

The tragedy of our society, unfortunately.

Makes me wonder, why doesn’t this country have a national ambulance (and paramedic) service?

todays world people will take pictures of you as you writhe in pain and post on social media but will not help you

so would you help a hit and run victim again?

very very sad but like someone mentioned…its replicated everyday in our society…that priest gave a very good summon business of life must go on

Luther i can really relate…two weeks ago i lost a Nephew in the same circumstances she was hit by a nissan while she was on a bodaboda …Apparently the driver had given the car to his squad buddy who also happens to come from my the same area as the late…The good samaritan who helped her into a a car wondered why people who were her neighbours and friend watched her as she cried for help…she died vile alifika hosi but maybe just maybe her life could have been saved if she was rushed to hosi mapema

Luther i can really relate…two weeks ago i lost a Nephew in the same circumstances she was hit by a nissan while she was on a bodaboda …Apparently the driver had given the car to his squad buddy who also happens to come from my the same area as the late…The good samaritan who helped her into a a car wondered why people who were her neighbours and friend watched her as she cried for help…she died vile alifika hosi but maybe just maybe her life could have been saved if she was rushed to hosi mapema

So sad bwana. Sorry for your loss. This article should be a wake-up call of sorts. We shouldn’t tire or hesitate to do the right thing.

I thinks everybody should learn first aid too coz sometimes I think people don’t know what to do and first aid knowledge can save a life before one gets to the hospital for proper treatment.

We used to learn it in Home Science back in the day. Now I gather it’s no longer an examinable subject so sijui wanasomea first aid wapi.

@ Luther 12 we need to have such discussions here more often they are an eye opener to many.

A Friend of mine from Kitui often went home during the weekend and came back to Nairobi early the following day. He says he used to board his matatu at 4.30 in the morning. On this day he boarded the Matatu and they set off. The Conductor started collecting fare. in the far left corner there was a young boy about 18yrs old who paid his fare but was 50bob short. He pleaded with conductor to help him reach Nairobi but the conductor could have non of it. the passengers too lambasted him and asked him to pay the extra 50/=.
having pleaded enough, all the passengers saw it wise that the boy should be kicked out of the Matatu so halfway the journey the Matatu was stopped and boy was given back his money and thrown out amid sobs in the middle of no where. people were relived after he was thrown out some were heard saying that the boy must have eaten the 50/= and was lying that he didn’t have it.
After approximately 500m from where the boy had been dropped, the car had double tire burst and rolled several times only three people survived.
My friend could have died if the boy had not run towards the scene of the accident and helped him out of the Matatu.

1 Like

Haiya!!:frowning:

holy shit.

:frowning:

@LINANI , is this a story of giants (manani)?