What Students in Higher Learning Go through in Kenya

Kwanza hapo UON iyo department ya Political science, madem ni kupeana pussie na ma boy ni pesa. Kwanza kama wewe ni politician sijui akina mp, senetor, governor…unapita tu
Lakini prof Ny’ongo baba Lupita hajawai angusha watu

I studied at the UoN for both undergraduate and postgraduate and I never experienced any of these… of course the experience may be different for women but I have tons of friends and family both male and female who have gone through the same and never heard of this…

Also, I guess it must depend on school/department. May be this kind of things happens in the arts and social sciences departments, maybe, I don’t know…

The person who told me this was a man . So dont turn it into a woman thing please. He also showed me mpesa printouts plus smses from the guy soliciting him so that if he didnt fulfil his end he could use them to compel him

Before I joined campus, those who had already joined used to tell us lot’s of ridiculous stories about what happens there…only to get there and find it is much less interesting or dramatic… so I guess, your source is one of those kinds of people who love exaggerating things to make their lives sound dramatic/interesting

I dint believe him either until he showed me txt messages and mpesa printout , and I checked the number on truecaller, its a uni don in UON alright.

mother tongue influence lazima uweke n

I wasnt in UoN or JKUAT…

I did my undergraduate in a famous university whose main campus is in Eldoret. While I was there I never experienced such stupidity while doing my undergraduate studies neither did the female classmates we were with. I guess it happens to only a few people.

noted.:slight_smile:

Sio mayb…huwa inahappen hapo

Enyewe , my class had men only , hakuna mwenye aliwesmek. They all gave up after kuonyeshwa enuff madharau. Women wako na uvumilivu. Coz sometimes uneza hata tusiwa, how many men’s ego will stand that?

Why would it happen to an undergrad when you barely meet your lecturers anywhere apart from clas

When being supervised we used to meet a lecturer at his office and we used to go as a group. You will find 4 students have been given a single lecturer as their supervisor.

Malisa hiyo mama wa PHD kabisa, ye huwa na madharau sana:D

Moi University is the worst of all in corruption and tribalism we acha zako. Kuna watu wako na PhD Moi who have never seen a class. Esp kaleos.

Sasa wewe nilikwambia unibebe na Kenya Mpya ,nisikie vile watu husikia wakielekea kukufa … uko kwa shimo saa hii ama unatext ukidrive vile mumezoea?

Nimesoea ku type sio ku text, unajua tofauti???, iwinjo?

Mu

My cousin is a professor pale UoN Department ya Literature. sitamtaja jina ju nitajulikana. And those guys make some serious money. Nikiwa campus nikimpigia simu nimesota he would send 10k without flinching. Aliorganise auntie, uncle na cuzo mwingine wakapata masters zao in a not so clean or straightforward process

Btw I forgot to mention that there’s also alot of emotional/psychological abuse. One of my colleagues had booked an appointment with his supervisor well in advance . In another town. Like this is something dons do . I thought it was a one off but Ive heard this now severally all the people who told me this were male. The supervisor tells you he has no time to meet you when you are in the same town but he is heading to Mombasa prolly to teach at a satellite campus and he can get time for you there. Lemme give a clearer example. I know a guy doing his PhD at UON School of Business. So the guy works and lives in Nairobi as does his supervisor but his supervisor will only see him when he goes to MSA. Meaning jamaa toke Nairobi where they both work and live and travel to Mombasa — just for a chance to get his work looked at. While he is there ,he will pay for meals and drinks and if the guy wants to go clubbing or snorkeling . Whatever it takes to maintain ‘the good working relationship’. Now the worst part is the supervisor can say meet me in MSA ama wereva then ukifika akuzimie simu and later atakushow he forgot you were supposed to meet him.

Ladies also endure abusive phone calls late in the night when the supervisor is drunk. One told me that her supervisor called her at midnight while very drunk and proceeded to insult her and tell her how stupid women are, he seemed to be angry at his wife for something she did . She stayed calm and let him rant and then calmly asked if they could talk the next day to which he retorted asking her if he was using her credit or why is it that she was harakisharing him, on top of that he was in a very noisy place and it put her in shit with her husband who could not understand how that could happen. She opted to be switching off her phone early to avoid such .

kutype ANGOA , kwa simu sio kutype ni kutext , donge?

Tell 'em @sakwa ako wapi? Kwanza hao wa Lit ni kadinyes zaidi.