What was the reaction...

Mid 20s. Just wondering how guys feel when the news is broken to them.

To be Honest its always a shock even when you are married in your thirties and with other kids!
Your life is Never the same again which is the main cause of Shock,Fear and all other uncertainties including the Fact that with this ā€œempowered womenā€ that Kid might actually NOT be yours!
And you have to deal with all these like a man whilst being seen to be 100% supportive of your now future child`s mother!
Congratulations Bro! This is what Being a Man is all about!
You are now a Man!.. (DFHKMNKumwaga Ndani!)ā€¦

lol ok, this is a very loaded question and my answer may not be very popular but here goes ā€¦ Its gonna be long though, so brace yourself lol

Males always have the choice of being able to ā€œresetā€ and start their lives regardless of whatever happens. No matter how many kids a man has, he can start afresh, as it were, and just carry on as if nothing happened. Thats one of the things thats lost on very many females. Men get to walk away with their dignity, ā€œmoralityā€ and whatever else, still intact, no matter what happens in their lives.

A good example is our own in-house @Ka-Buda . He has like 30 kids outchea :smiley: and no one says anything other than a joke in here or there which isnā€™t followed up with a personal attack (other than from yours truly takes a bow). Our female counterparts (on this forum only, I ainā€™t even started counting real life instances) get dragged at least once every 3 - 4 days for being single moms even if its out of their control ā€¦ widowed, cheated on, physically abused, whatever the reason.

With all this in mind, I can honestly say that one of the things I put off is having babies because I know that I can be impulsive with literally everything else in my life except that. Iā€™m pacing myself. You have to pick your battles in life, I know this is one which I canā€™t win without some kind of strategy and as such, Iā€™m keeping it in my ā€¦ ovaries :)D) till I feel ready.

Iā€™m not saying that Iā€™m immune, Iā€™m just saying that bar an unforeseen occurrence like immaculate conception or (heaven forbid) a rape, I will not be having any babies I havenā€™t planned to have. fingers crossed knock on wood etc

1 Like

hahaha,boss uko na shida kama beshte yangu flani ilibidi ahame kwenye alikuwa anaishi juu ya mkisii

NO COMMENT. DRYFRY CHAIRMAN.

Okay lady. Thereā€™s that mantra ā€˜communication is vital in a relationshipā€™. Maybe kids bring some schism between partners because there were no agreements, plansā€¦communication. Hubbies and their wifeys need to talk long before marriage. As for boyfies and their baes, maybe they should question their direction in life together, to determine whether they are in a longterm commitment or some heat of the moment romping. How easy it is to ignore responsibility and the ā€˜ka-voiceā€™ that we hate to listen to!

Brother yours is a lifetime of a careless unprotected sex life. Thank the Lord bado uko na sisiā€¦

1 Like

Hutaki generation yako? Hehee.

Thats true. I guess most people assume kids are an unavoidable eventuality while in reality, theyā€™re a choice. I always say that it would be much much easier for like 70% of my peers (and everyone else I guess) if they didnā€™t feel that they had to have kids. If only societal pressures didnā€™t drive most of the life decisions people make so lightly :frowning:

1 Like

Nice narratives and comments here. I guess I will be more than prepared when I finally gets myself into that situation and hopefully not soon

1 Like

Nduthi chairman pea palmela ball

1 Like

Ka-buda!

Waaah!! frm this storos Its clearly i have a boring life thenā€¦

Kwanini unakuwanga emotional hiviā€¦? Be a man.A 40 Year old Man. Anywayā€¦Nice real life stori but dont be too sensitive.critics lazma wakue

Abstinence?? Uko na nguvu.

Anasema she and her future hubby will plan carefully before mixing gonads to create a baby. Discussing these matters is paramount because of the responsibility that comes with parenthood.

What was your reaction when you realized you had a seed growing in you? Tears of joy or fear? Slapping the guy for knocking you up?

:smiley: kitty can scratch! :D:D:D:D:D

I was overjoyed. Had stayed for 3yrs after marriage, and our relationship was getting strained. Fortunately, walikuja twins, though one passed on 8 months later. But God compensated an year later. Am a proud mother of 3.

Sorry for the loss and congrats for the other kids. Blessings on blessings.