What was your worst horror on the road?

Fell where on thika rd? and how? ni wapi kuna hio shimo au urefu kama hio thika rd?

Thika rd wachana tu nayo. world records have been made, kept and broken on Thika rd. Na pia kiambu rd. Years ago before motorbikes scooter ziliondoa watu duniani hadi they were almost banned on those two roads. Enyewe riding a nduthi or even a bike on a Kenyan road is risking life and limb.

thika rd na kiambu rd ndio unaskia story kama : A kid and his siblings go out around this time of year. The eldest just graduated from school abroad. All three kids in the car. They pick up the neighbor’s kids on the way out na wanawacha kamoja kale kadogo. Wanalewa westie na wakirudi usiku they drive under a broken down lorry. vichwa zinaokotwa kwa bushes. closed casket funeral.

The family that lost all the kids later on divorce na wanahama, kila mtu njia yake.

worst horror ni wale makarao husimamisha gari kuokota 100 bobs along Mombasa road. the drivers carry an excess passenger to be able to sort the pigs. its like a culture of some sort… no talking… just 100 and the journey continues… even if you got danger on board.

wah…this is film like stuff. pole bruh

Nyinyi ndio wale

If this was mombasa road pale mombasa cement, then i saw you.
I was headed to machakos one evening carrying my folks. Hapo daystar University i found myself to be the only one on my side against a line of trailers that were cruising. Around 7pm when headlights zinaanza kuwashwa, its hard to identify people on your lane especially in a line of trailers which dont dim their lights, my experience saved me when i noticed one truck was right ahead of me, na hakuna shoulder… I spotted a less steep decent and rushed to it before breaking hard. The truck almost got my rear panel… Na jamaa alikuwa amekanyaga hiyo lorry, you could hear the turbo screaming, with no care in the world.
On mombasa highway, nimezoea sana kutolewa nje na trucks hadi i made my peace.

pole

I remember day flani Niko na pick up ferrying some stuff along Kiranga rd joining James gichuru rd from Junction Ngong Rd Kuna a very small but steep mteremuko pick up ikakatika propeller na break zake zilikua kama za FH ni zile za kutafutilia so I use to engage gear1 whenever going downhill. Acha kakitu kaaze freestyle sasa na kamebeba.
Bahati ilikatika pale nyuma Kwa axle so was just dragging it . Niliweka full light na nonstop horning …guy infront noticed na akahepa Kwa entrance ya gate flani apo pick up wangu akisimama tu poa hapo chini ya mteremuko. Within hio incident ya like 30sec I was sweating like a donkey

hahahaha pole ndugu… bt ume ona utumie donkey so tht we get the picture… hahahahaajhajaha

Yes, Thika Road during road works.

during construction of that road gravel saved me one evening I was driving from Murang’a having had a hectic day fatigue ilikua with two passengers in the car. They did not notice I had dozed off for a few seconds hapo clayworks only the vibrating car due to tyres running on the gravel woke me up. Otherwise would have caused an accident

1. Dad alikuwa amekimbia ocha matanga akawacha Peugeot 404 Pickup, Bro & I tukaamua tufanye “Ask for Transport”. Tukapata mizigo kutoa Kakuzi-Karen. Somewhere along Valley Rd, slight traffic so I had to come to a complete stop. Kujaribu hillstart in a overloaded pickup, worse still kuna mtu wa mkokoteni nyuma yetu. Clutch inaslip, brakes pia lazima upump, meffi french engineers wa Peugeot walificha handbrake huko chini kwa junction ya dashboard na mlango ya dereva halafu the pulling mechanism ni nyororo which was so badly rusted the damn handbrake wouldn’t move. Nilikuwa novice driver naskia magari zinahoot hapo nyuma, msee wa mkokoteni pia anapiga mayowe as the vehicle is rolling backwards, gears pia ni opposite za Toyota nimepanick nadhani niko Gear 1 kumbe nimeweka reverse!!
  2. 2008 nikitoka Eldy-Awasi hapo escarpment za kuteremka Chemelil, was going downhill, it had rained that morning so I’m overtaking hizi tractor za miwa, nikaona puddle ya maji hapo mbele kumbe ilikuwa pothole size ya crater na imejaa maji ya mvua so it appears shallow. Niligonga hio pothole, mikono ikaruka from steering, gear lever ikajirudisha neutral na gari ikaswerve violently nikajua leo tunaanguka huko chini. luckily co-driver grabbed steering wheel akarudisha gari line. Tukasimama somewhere safe kuInspect damage: Front right tyre-punctured & bent rim, suspected bowel movement by the driver.

: Front right tyre-punctured & bent rim, confirmed bowel movement by the driver,… Pole lakini

:D:D:D:D

Kunasiku niko kwa mat hizi 5L toyo imehama alafu kuna kamlio kaa ya bearing imeisha inalia najaribu kucheki vile ntashtua konkodi kama tutafika nikalenga tuliskia kitu nikama imekatika pap kwa gari ikasmama abruptly alafu ikachange direction ikafunga road yote luckily gari zilikua mbali kidogo tungelimwa kutoka kucheck chini propeller imejikunja Mungu alitusave hio siku

Hizi stories,basi am yet to see worse then

Pole God saved you

Way back in 2006, grandpa’s funeral, mzee had left ahead for arrangements. was headed to Muhoroni from Eldy.Jalopy was a Nissan Datsun pickup with those silly stick gears (who the ferk makes em anyways) Not the problem though.Fast forward niko Nandi hills in an overloaded pickup, bad lights, lack of experience and worst of all faulty brakes - zile za kupump mara ka tatu ndio zishike, sasa my problem of course I came to learn much later by experience was that I was in fourth when I should have been in 1st to try to drag the already heavy machine dwn the slope.Lemmi tell you before ile kona inaitwanga kona man’gaa ile nduru watu walikua wanapiga kwa iyo gari haikua mchezo.Lucky for me gari at least had a working handbrake, iyo combined with furious pumping, clutch ndani, fourth directly to 1st na kusikia brakes zikinuka mayai mwozo hapo ndipo chuki yangu na Datsun ilianzia.Still get the shivers nikipita iyo njia

Kuja tuwekee hii meno uwache kuwa kibogoyo