What would it take to be a video game developer in a country like Kenya.

I give them 100% for effort

inaka game ya 1997, 2015 i think not

he made money through product placements

effort doesnt gurantee quality. game kama hii was made by a very small studio on a budget but iko na solid gameplay

The Gaming market in Kenya is still underdeveloped. Stereotypes about games can also affect sales because people will rather spend 500 bob on other stuffs than to buy a game.
Only option you have is to start small using photoshop, blender3D and unity3D then launch in Playstore and Apple App store. Make the game interesting and with international appeal( think angry birds or Temple Run). From there when things are good go full indie.
Don’t focus on developing AAA Games right away. You won’t make it. They are so bulky, strenuous and freaking expensive (GTA V costed 100 million dollars).
Start as an indie game developer. Steal ideas from here (look at your environment…idea like a multiplatformer game of a guy running and escaping thieves and flying toilets in kibera and Pipeline probably). Just think outside the box, make a game with international appeal and try to market aggressively in game blogs and social media sites. Revenue will come.

You can become a good dev if you put most of your time in it…but kuna branches tofauti kwa game developing so ni ngumu kuwa solo dev but start with scripting languages then uende kwa level design…mm ni self taught animator with blender and I’M 20 and still natumia unity plus najisomesha C# na sa hii i can move the cube with arrow keys…LOL

I think it’s gonna be a huge game where you can control the magic that you use. Since I love games like League of Legends, I can say that this is the best way to build an MMORPG game that can be popular and successful in Kenia. However, this game becomes more and more difficult and because if that I decided to take a service (elo boosters) that gives a level boost for your character pretty quick and not expensive. So this is a business that devs created by their own hands…

I never wanted to become a game developer, but I always had ideas about developing my own game. There are a lot more options now, so I found these video game development services https://ilogos.biz/unity-game-development-company/ . These game developers use modern technology uncluding unity game engine to create a cool game that will stay relevant for a long time.