What's wiith the Weird Accent?

Malawians voted for him precisely because of his american background so he must continue ‘performing’ in this accent. :smiley:

I immediately noted that he is a pastor. Strictly speaking it’s a form of communication. Pastors from the Southern states use this form of communication in sermons where they talk, then sing and do something in between talking and singing. What he is doing is the something in between the talking and singing. Notice how he pulls his words especially the letter “a”, “i”, “o”.
Here’s a satirical and exaggerated example:

We sosh, kama huwa unakuja kenya kuringia watu na Britch accent, ujue you line a very bad taste in people’s mouth when you leave

This actually isn’t a new phenomenon @Micymas. Baba Jayden, Obama Snr na hio generation yote all had faux British accents. Bendera hufuata upepo, maybe in 2050 all the cool kids will have Cantonese intonation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dyeaTk8S-Y

You will acquire a local accent without even realizing it.

When Uhuru went to the USA, he was speaking with some funny accent and many kenyans on youtube were pretty much excited

I don’t. I speak fluent Kyuk, SwaKyuk so I am good. Accent is reserved for boardroom meetings and tujungu friends. Actually it is always the reverse, they ask why don’t you speak english? funny lot hehehe and when you do they complain like you are doing.

I am teaching my kids kyuk.

:meffi:

Kenyans go to India for years but they never come back with that abominable Indian accent.

Funny enough, learned people talk less english. Even most professors in our local universities prefer Swahili and mother tongue outside class hours. But try a primary school teacher in Muhoroni or a NRB secretary to see the difference.

Accent imekosea mtu wapi tena? Nyinyi ndio wale mtu atasimama kupatiana an important talk and all you take away is the brand of shoes he was wearing

Word!!

A funny accent you said? Uhuru went to group of schools so actually he tries to tone down his accent to address us mere mortals. And he is v good at that be it Kenyan English, Swa or Kyuk ama English or American accents. Gift of the gab/oratory skills alipewa. Hehehehe.

When they go to China they dont speak chinese, thats the difference

Mnasahau huyu mtu ni preacher. That’s a preacher accent. Sijui inatokaga wapi but that’s Pulpitese