What's your experience with alcoholics/junkees

Mkiona siongei for plus three weeks jua nimeenda…ni hayo tu kwa sasa.

1 Like

Congratulations 9 years is no joke!
One day he will wake up and walk away from it. He is the only one who can make that decision.

4 Likes

That’s not funny @Alchemist .You are not going anywhere.

I took in an uncle of mine after everyone rejected him. Got him a job at a carwash but this just made it even worse.One night in his drunken stupor he mistook my bedroom to be the loo…sigh.That is the first and only time I have ever slapped a man.
Alcohol can be disgraceful.

5 Likes

I wasn’t trying to be.

Ask the alcoholic why they overdrink…cure their problem and you cure them

1 Like

i said it here.only two to three brown bottles is enough for me.only on friday ama sato.

3 Likes

The only person who can cure an alcoholic is him/herself.
Some have good jobs,good families etc yet they hit the bottle hard.

3 Likes

I have my eldest Bro who is addicted mbaya. We took him to rehab for 3 months, but after rehab he still takes Alcohol though at a reduced rate.

Praying for him as his heath is not very good. He Looks older than my Dad and his whole body is always trembling. And the wight loss, wacha tu,
Problem is that he lives upcountry and he has his own Coffee and Tea plantation, so drinking money is not a problem.

5 Likes

I’ve been through the alcoholism phase and lost many good friends to heroin and all sorts of drugs.
Mungu hi mwema nilikuwa nakunywa Vodka mzima kila siku sasa nakunywa mikebe nne pekee.

For anyone not sure kama uko na shida na pombe, only two questions;

1. Have you missed work more than twice because you were drunk?

2. Are your relatives concerned about your drinking? ( I mean real relatives not your nagging wife)

If you answer yes to both, uko na chinda my friend.

The good thing is there is alot of help out there.
But ONLY for those that seek it.

Cheers!

8 Likes

Well, here I go on record: I can’t cure my addiction. The prospect of no coping mechanism might hasten my demise.

1 Like

Can’t or won’t! Stay positive. Have you tried AA ?

@Alchemist

Had to go to a counselling psychologist back in April coz of this. My question to her was ‘I’m i an addict if i take one bottle of beer a day everyday or if i take a whole bottle of whisky once a week to a point of blacking out?’
I didnt get an answer. Currently, this is a major enemy i’m fighting. @It’s Le Scumbag, i wish i had such determination

10 Likes

I feel you sir. My habit started as a stress relief when I was in high school throughout the years it has morphed …when happy I drink, when sad I do…saa ingine napita bar kugotea maboiz natoka 27 hours later na sikuwa ata na the necessary few thousands. Especially holidays.

4 Likes

Umewai amka na hangover bibi akupee mug ya supu ushike uone mkono ime tremble mpaka ianguke . Waaaa hangi ni mbaya

4 Likes

Kimbiza asumbi rehabilitation center, hizi zingine kama chiromo medical help,ile ingine ya Dr ngenja ni short term solution ili kitunguu kiendelee kunukia,ingine mzuri iko past ngong jina nimesahau.

1 Like

hapo tuko na wewe although sijafika point ya kuenda kwa psychologist. But when I am idle I hit the bottle hard. Kitu imeni save this election period ni I had some work I was doing from home moonlighting for a client just drunk twice. However whenever the road ahead is clear and I have no deadlines to meet inakuanga noma. Free fall

3 Likes

You work from home online/forex na hizo vitu zingine. I think you have so much loose change around and your time and deadlines are fluid. Even me if I was doing what you are doing for a living I may have been in the same situation as yourself or worse. What saves me is the structured work environment I have. Try and start a project hata kama ni ya kufuga kuku kienyeji mahali or you can try building a small house back home. This may ground you down kiasi

2 Likes

Bado anaweza kuwa akienda home kujenga from time to time ngombe impige headi akufe ama aanguke na baiskeli black mamba aukate .

3 Likes