When and how did you learn to drive?

We get it…you are a “genius”

We are talking about driving not navigating a space ship ok?
Now go and grab yourself some lunch.

Mnigga alijifunza almost everything. Majority ni kwa Mhindi, apprenticeship is the name, the only difference is that the teacher didn’t know I was learning

hehee. .me too, nilikula pesa ya shule nikabakisha ta exam tu. Kuingia kwa gari ya exam, kwanza nikafunga mchipi then adjusted the mirrors alafu nikawasha gari and then reversed bila kuangalia nyuma…karao akanishow nishuke ati namwastia time.

That there is my experience too. I started learning around 10yrs ago na gari za job. The nature of my work meant that I interacted with the drivers frequently… so slowly I began requesting them for a ka drive test and the brave ones would agree, but some, like one karis alinishow “ngari ti kiratu mani…” The frequency really allowed me to improve. Hata kwa test I drove for like 30m kuanza gari na 2nd gear then shifting it to 3rd nikaambiwa “weka kando, nyinyi ni wale madereva wa Umoinner mnatusumbua bila licence?” Now my DL is 2yrs; talk about misrepresentation…

Guaranteed Pass manenos lakini DMax ya magazeti ilikuwa imenipa practise. Hats seatbelt sikufunga…kuambiwa nifunge nikafunga kama gari iko in motion. Nilishoutiwa nisimamishe. Karibu nipigwe kibare…

1 Like

Kama waria fulani kwa ile exam ya road signs za ngombe kuna ile huwa white on blue background and the black on white one- nigga was like ile iko black ni za area ya ngombe ya nyama hii ingine ni ya maziwa.Ushawi ona room in suspence niliexpect kibare but the officer just grabbed him by the shirt laughing and dragged him out to bust his ball some more with his collegues

6 Likes

My dad had toyota hiace (shark) after form 4 mimi na dere usiku mpaka nkajua kuendesha gari manua poa. Siku hizi juu sina gari nimerust so ni automatic tuu

1 Like

2011 through a driving school.

mzae ni mkulima so by class 5 nilikua na-spin tractor vibaya sana. Class seven kwenda boarding bt after kcpe niliingia kwa gari ya mzae and drove off…hata yeye hakuamini. Since then nilikua naendesha kila kitu napata, nimelala ndani twice for driving a lorry without a DL/underage nd once for driving a tractor without any pprs as well the tractors having no pprs at all. I got my DL when I was 20 thru backdoor bt I already had like 10yrs driving experience

Sijui kudrive.

First time Pickup 404 circa 1996 when i was in class 5…Break lazma upump mara tatu…gear ni ya hapo dashboard :slight_smile:

Its called half gear…

Having had a nasty experience with vehicles,i sort of developed vehophobia and therefore remained disinterested in driving. The status quo changed when i had to drive a buddy’s car after he fell unwell…i had to struggle for nearly 5km. It dawned on me that having driving skills is a must have.
Sadly though,i have been battling unhealed 'boxer’s ’ fracture…i haven’t steered a wheel for 6 months!

I learnt it on an eight speed long chassis landrover. Terrain was hilly and was almost always loaded. Most town drivers will fail the test on how to deal with the transfer gear on hills. I loved it. Kupanda mlima kali ni kama kuconfigure ndege kwa tricky take off.
New drivers employed almost always damaged the sychncroniser and broke the copper bushes because they got confused and jumped the clutch severally on hills… wakiogopa kuroll back.

Omg I remember that wariah, he told me niache kumsmilia hapo as if nimemzalia na nikifail atanipeleka isiolo nichomwe na jua ulightskin uishe :D:D.

After my Kcpe, with my uncle’s datsun 120Y…, awesome memories those!

Massey Ferguson 185 at 10 years dereva alikua akunipea lessons by 11 nilikua nakata faringû straight sana

Peugeot 404 pickup with a steering mounted `Gate´ Gearbox i.e. Gear 1 ni Towards Dashboard & Down; Reverse ni Towards driver na Up…siku moja nikaingia Hilux kumbe gears ni opposite!!! nimeweka gear nilidhani ni Reverse na kuangalia nyuma, kuinua clutch gari inaanza kuenda mbele!..kumbe Toyota na Peugeot used opposite directions to mount gears!!!

1 Like

Kwetu sisi ni wakulima. So I learned driving tractors first. By the age of 12, ningetumwa na ndai short distances. My experience with that nuffield tractor was awesome. Sidhani ziko kwa market anymore.