When is Tesla hitting the Kenyan Market?

I’m just curious about it, and my curiosity is compounded with the importation of 2nd hand EV’s. The original batteries can go so long, then, we start importing generics from China and other Asian countries, who’s safety will be in question.
Anyways, let’s wait and see.

The only place am headed towards is your wife’s coochie. I wanted to know more about that Croatian kid and if possible could you provide some links?

its the future so no one knows how it will play out, that said I dont think it will be a matter of safety, petrol is a very explosive substance but over time the same has been tamed inside cars, and even in the case of accidents its rare to see the same exploding.
By the time they become common around here, the safety issues will already have been worked on to a great extent.

Let’s also keep in mind that, hydrocarbons will be around for a long time to come.

Rimac, Croatian electric sports car, Google it. Beats Bugatti, LaFerrari, porsche, mclaren, lambo… practically all hypercars hands down. Computer defeats petrol engine completely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWrUl3uemb4

Rimac ndio baba ya hypercars siku hizi. Ferrari guys are very distressed. No old school hypercar manufacturer wants to race the Rimac.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jgFIobN4Gg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvHCtaIrkEs

The Rimac concept 2 is the car of all cars. 1900HP of pure electric madness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPoiyjuOSok

@Jimit

Battery ikose kazi aje na unajua [SIZE=1]Ukambani for instance hakuna stima?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]The sons of Ishmael have grown rich enough. It’s time to save the environment[/SIZE][SIZE=1].[/SIZE]

You’ll still be extracting resources from the environment to go green. Solar harvesting plant , upset and affect the eco system to.

But after you’ve built the solar panel what else will you extract from the earth for you to use it???

That’s it, the solar panel only requires sunlight.

Petrol car will need petrol for life. Dont forget pollution.

Electric car only needs charge after 400km from hydroelectric dam. Green energy, zero emissions.

Mind you guys are looking at solar powered cars, hydrogen, water etc. Lithium Batteries will be just one option.

You’re soo fixated on batteries. Anyhow Tesla is planning on recycling their batteries. Right now they are doing 500miles/ 800km per charge. And looking at extending it.
Tesla’s Battery Day in September is expected to announce a new breakthrough in battery technology. The discovery of Graphene will enable your phone battery to charge to 100% in 15 minutes. Anyway, There’s soo many documentaries on it on YouTube. Watch them.

I would n’t touch Tesla before there is a licensed dealership in the country, ikileta shida unawepelekea, coz Kenyan mechanics hapo hakuna kitu wanaweza saidia

Yep, if you find time watch most of Musk’s Talks. He predicts in 5-10 years. Tesla will be producing fully autonomous EVs. No steering wheel, no pedals (brakes/accelerating). Still baby steps for now, but that’s the future we are heading to.
I remember Maddo making a cartoon, 20 years ago, of a shoeshiner and a mahindi choma guy making phone calls on their Nokia/Ericcson phones coz they were unaffordable then. A Nokia 3310 was around 20K, a fortune then. Making video calls was surreal. Look at us now.

I have googled the million mile battery that you’ve mentioned and aaaah… in short the global battery cartel is finished.

Ati it can last on a single charge for 16 years or 2 million miles. @Kahuni Maisha

16 years. :D:D

Imagine a phone battery lasting that long.

Is Elon Musk the 666???

This guy might end poverty. He will finish kplc, all petrol stations. … you name it. And take people to Mars!

He might also be on course to be the richest man in history just looking at his innovations.

I must admit I only took him seriously after I saw a few videos of the Tesla model beating all manner cars on the quarter mile. He is also playing a very dangerous game. He must also be very very smart.

And these are the sort of ideas China is looking at like this :

[ATTACH=full]310364[/ATTACH]

The ideas that will change the globe.

This is the future, with time there will be no more smoky jalopies ex Japan or UK coz they all gone electric by law. I read UK wataacha kuregister petrol / diesel cars circa 2025. Nyinyi wasee wa brand new second hands mtado??

Si they will just tax the electricity instead of petrol. It helps that its clean energy so at least Eastlando itaacha kukaa chafu hivi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOXU3oXeY0U

Hehehe

I didnt realize there are so many fully electric vehicles under production especially in china and even more under development. Truly the internal combustion engine is on its way out as a mainstream power plant. Soon africa will be a dumping ground as usual for fossil fuel vehicles as the developed world goes electric. Range mtakuwa mkinunua 250k ni vile zimejaa huku. I see a great business opportunity for businesses that will convert petrol/diesel vehicles to electric

Tesla already established in south africa though it seems they are not producing/selling the cars yet but soon they will be… I give it about 5 years and if nobody sets up a dealership here I will go for it myself… there is a huge market for this car here in Kenya and a lot of money to be made … we won’t be needing the auto-pilot much though, I would not let a computer take care of the madness in Thika road or CBD, maybe on southern By-pass and the upcoming expressway

"

‘clean’ depends. But clean is never the focus, but rather ‘sustainability’

Lead acid batteries require constant maintenance. Refilling battery water, wiping the top, cleaning the terminals, constant charging etc. The one in my car has lasted for more than four years now.