When it Comes to Household Income, Sweden and Germany Rank with Kentucky

This topic has reminded me of a discussion I saw a few days ago on a certain reddit forum made up of retail stock traders. The said forum is made up of mostly Americans,majority engaging in risky retail stocks and options trading. The said convesation took place after the Saudi oil incident a few days ago.

The point here is that Americans always think that the country called United States is the best thing that has ever happened on this earth,this is until they visit and experience a better functioning society than their beloved America.
[ATTACH=full]261260[/ATTACH]

Saw that on Wallstreetbets and I couldnt help but laugh .Americans are so deluded

yes its from wallstreetbets :D:D

You missed my point by a million miles but I expected that.

I am not here to speak on staff or political issues. Our citizens, especially the poor are largely v happy with the services. Silipi hosi, silipi consultations and tests/xrays, silipi ambulance service…I mean c’mmon now. The working lot pay a lot of taxes but we do not complain. I could go on and on but wacha niseme tu the Brits complaining have prolly never left Heathrow. If they did watakimya kii in terms of their health system.

Oil is a non-renewable resource. Wait until those Norweigians oil runs out and you will see what will happen to them. Those social programs are unsustainable without oil.

I got the point. But I was addressing the root cause.

[SIZE=7]40% of Americans don’t have $400 in the bank for emergency expenses: Federal Reserve [/SIZE] 40% of Americans don’t have $400 in the bank for emergency expenses: Federal Reserve - ABC News

Take out the top 1% in the USA and those averages fall dramatically.

If you reread the story, you will see the top 1% were not included.

Their sovereign wealth fund is one of the richest in the world. They have investments all over the world.

It had gained over $100bn in the past year, thanks in large measure to the global stockmarket boom in 2017: around two-thirds of its assets are held as equities (over 1% of shares globally). It helps that Norwegians continue to earn fat revenues from pumping North Sea oil and gas, which go to the fund to be invested abroad. The fund is so big it is becoming a tool for 5m-odd Norwegians to shape values abroad. Norway’s sovereign-wealth fund passes the $1trn mark

It helps prove the point that Americans are worse off than @Purple claims, gross inequalities with some of their citizens fleeing to Mexico for retirement since they cannot afford to live anymore in their country. Assuming it is true as stated, the quality of living is better in several other countries before the US shows up in the list.

Ultimately, the researchers landed on a plausible explanation for both the discrepancy and why so many Americans are living paycheck to paycheck — debt. Many of the people who have $400 or more available to them likely have already earmarked that money for another obligation (and so, in other words, the cash isn’t really available to them). https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/20/heres-why-so-many-americans-cant-handle-a-400-unexpected-expense.html

Nope you clearly did not. Reading political stuff online and using it as stats does not wash. We do not mind paying the high taxes. The system works v well. Siwezi kufia kwa nyumba because I do not have health insurance??that is an unknown here and no one can speak for the whole of Europe…28 countries…I know how your health system works and it cannot beat what is offered in many European countries.

How come sioni Qatar kwa hizo charts?

Ever heard about Norway and their sovereign wealth fund? Dont be ignorant,spare sometime go read and educate yourself about what Norway has done with their oil resources. This not just another dumb and corrupt oil rich country like Nigeria. Norway is a country of progressive and visionary people.They have planned long term for their oil wealth. They knew the fact that their oil resource would end one day and they have planned well ahead for it.

A country of just 5 million people now has a sovereign wealth fund worth over 1 trillion dollars,the largest of its kind in the world. All invested from their oil income. The interest income alone from this Investment fund will benefit people born there for hundreds and even thousands of years to come.

[SIZE=7]Americans’ struggles with medical bills are a foreign concept in other countries[/SIZE]
https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2019-09-11/american-struggle-insurance-deductibles-unique

Is there an equivalent European city like this one?
[SIZE=7]Los Angeles: Why tens of thousands of people sleep rough[/SIZE]
[MEDIA=bbcnews]p05zl8wz/49687478[/MEDIA]

Try the obesity charts.
[ATTACH=full]261298[/ATTACH]
https://www.thelancet.com/pdfs/journals/lancet/PIIS0140-6736(14)60460-8.pdf

Yes but I only have made one argument.That there is nothing like free healthcare anywhere. You are forgetting to cost the healthcare itself. Needles, syringes, medication, hospital fees, doctor fees cost something. In your case your government pays the costs. And collects it by taxing you-its citizens. In the US, technically the citizens pay the fees. But they have the benefit of being taxed half your rate.
But since you are drawing me into comparing which system is better, I can only give you a biased opinion. But lets start from one thing since you say that you know the US system: Have you ever heard of a federal law called the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA)? It requires almost all hospitals to provide treatment to all patients who need emergency medical treatment regardless of whether the patients have health insurance. So how will you die in the house when this law covers you?

The gap between rich and poor is what is bringing hizo number za Kentucky to median.

We do not need health insurance to access treatment here! all you need these days is prove you are here legally in some way because they closed a loop hole that was manipulated by health tourists mainly foreigners. Those that have taken health insurance policies are the v well heeled who feel the NHS is not good enough and can afford cover. Read celebrities like David Beckham and other quiet millionaires.
That said we will not get anywhere on this issue…I live here and reap the benefits bila wasi wasi. Have not worked for almost a year and a half now and that is even when I am now enjoying the full free treatment like dental work and free prescriptions which are not covered when employed. And then charges are capped and uniform all over the land if that makes sense. I don’t have a problem of paying taxes into a system that works and can support me when circumstances change.
Just read the indepth posts by Obienga and Hackney sloooowly You might get an overview into how cushy it is if you understand how different European countries work.

Online Stats and politics are different from reality on the ground.
Look I want to try and enjoy my Friday evening…so Taraaaaaa as they say down in Seuth Africa.

Wacha uongo! The unemployed in the are paid a small fraction of their previous pay by unemployment insurance.