Where do you draw the line?

**Ahem…err…(wacha kidogo nivalie academic kofia)

Errr…that study was run like a dichotomous outcome study (without stratification).

If you take a large group af peole who take alcohol without specifying quantity taken by each, of course you will find adverse outcomes like accidents and so on are more common in the drinking group. If you take a large group of professional football players you will find high rates knee injuries, but amateur players have a much lower rate. Kuna professional and amateur drunkards. Lumping the two groups together was not sensible study design.

Four months two weeks now, and instead of thirst, I hate it even more. Maybe, just maybe, I’ve achieved a clean break. Misri sirudi

Regular for 25 years! Kwani ulianza pombe ukiwa primo?

I was still drinking at these prices and am still doing it though I have reduced the amounts and regularity drastically in the last few months.
[ATTACH=full]195401[/ATTACH]
And am a helluva disciplined drinker, never drinks when it’s likely to interfere with my work, business or other programs and I rarely do it before hours.
Do I have a drinking problem?
Certainly not.

Tafuta tampons, meffi

Nowadays everything is linked to cancer

True. If you decide to avoid all supposedly cancer-causing foods, you would starve.

To me you have crossed the line if it interferes with your work or finances. Yani if you drink mpaka you cant work the next day or you skip work altogether. Or if you are borrowing money to go drink.

And still get cancer.

Hunger would kill you first

You basically cant live life trying to be too carefull. Thats not a life. People die in road accident / plane crashes etc but that doesnt mean you should stop using these modes of transport.

Ati wasting money climbing mt kenya. Is like he buys the drinks using stones

If I can use this is a criteria all my college buddies were alcoholics. We missed a few days in college after partying. As for work, I know guys who drink once a month or once in three months who have opened their office late (gone to work late) once or twice in the last 10 years or so (because of heavy drinking the night before).

A mistake once or twice over a period of several months may not necessarily mean that you are an alcoholic, but if you do it regularly then you will be have crossed the line. Yani those ones of Monday, wednesday Friday you cant go to work or even if you cant work once a week coz of alcohol

If you start being late on anything,how ever small,because of alcohol,then my friend you have crossed the line

If it prevents you from achieving your goals, let it go. Would you hand around friends that are pulling you back, and spend some well earned cash on them? For example, many smokers relapse because they cant control their urge to smoke while high.

Its quit common for a mlevi to deny or rationalize their behaviour.

Alcoholism is largely genetic. If, like me, you have close family with lifelong alcohol issues, you should be careful with your drinking, or rather you shouldn’t drink at all. You could be the next one. Mimi I threw in the towel recently when I found myself spending a whole week straight, drinking from morning to evening. That was after I made some ‘big’ money on a deal. It made me reflect. I realize that almost every single negative thing that has ever happened to me in my adult life is somehow connected to my drinking. I quit that shit. Now I look better, I have better libido, I have more money. Skuizi nikiingia klabu, I sip my redbull, nikiangalia which of the twerking freaks nitakua nikibomoa tonight.

To me, I have lately started to have the view that “responsible drinking” is an illusion. You either drink or you don’t. For those talking about lateness, a seasoned drinker will take 10 beers and show up early for work as if nothing happened. It doesn’t mean that they are responsible drinkers.

Isn’t it difficult going to the club and not drinking? Isn’t that the purpose, to drink. I don’t see the business a teetotaler would be doing in a club if he/she doesn’t work there. Its just increasing the risk of a relapse needlessly