Who else feel iPhones/iOs are overrated?

iPhones are status symbols and every piece of tech is always overrated.

Iphones have better and long lasting hardware, the iPhone 4 is still functional whereas an android from that Era is garbage.

5 year software updates for IOS is something unseen by most android users apart from maybe Xiaomi who provide MIUI updates for 5 years. even Google supports their pixels for a max of 3 years.i
IOS Is still way ahead of Android in security even the FBI has to remove some serious cash to get into an iPhone while an android you probably just need some bundles and the skill to Google search.

And for the reason most people buy iphones, status. Most non techie people are stilled awed by someone with an iPhone even when it’s an iPhone 5 more than a 30k Xiaomi.

On what basis

Have you forgotten the scandal of apple throttling older iphones through updates. And recently a bug was discovered on face time app where people could eavesdrop.

Mtu atumie simu inamfurahisha … ka ni android ama ios chukua ile unapenda … this discussion is old

Compared to Google, Microsoft, Facebook etc Apple has no bug bounty program, the one that current exist you have to be invited by Apple to submit bugs meaning if you discover a bug you won’t be paid and even those in the program are being frustrated by Apple when it comes to payment. The effect of this is that Apple’s team are slow to respond to non-members bugs, a good example is the recent Facetime bug. The father of the boy who discovered it reported it to apple for ten consecutive days and every time Apple ignored him till when the bug went public. This is why the other boy with Mac OS bug has refused to submit it to Apple

Enter 3rd party security companies and governments, these guys pay thousands of dollars for IOS bugs when I say thousands I mean hundreds of thousands eg 100kusd plus for bugs. Most researchers dont submit their bugs to Apple but to these guys, that’s why the San Bernadino Terrorist phones were hacked by FBI. Most ios bugs are exploited in the wild and very few are reported. People like to say android is insecure but in the past 5 years how many critical android bugs have you heard of as compared to Apple? Google takes security seriously, they respect researchers and pay them well for their efforts. their own project zero team has discovered lots of bugs on other platforms too.

The day Apple will have a serious bug bounty program is the day I will take their security seriously. for now, it’s just a company that loves to pretend to be secure

IPhone is for bragging and showing off. Too much restrictions. A good android gadget is just perfect.

The throttling was for the sake of the user due to worn out batteries

:D:D:D:D yeah continue believing that was the main reason.

Dunno much about phones , but losing everything is because you hadn’t backed up not because it was android i have changed phones so many times but i have docs pics and videos from 2012 , nimekua Android throughout

Nitumie noods za 2012 tafazare

I love how Apple fanboys always have an excuse for everything that’s wrong with an iDevice. They are more like brainwashed members of some cult. In fact if you accidentaly drop an iPhone, one of the brainwashed zombies may just claim that it dropped at a slower speed than an android and hit the ground at 78.9 degrees as compared to an Android which is not intelligent enough to choose how it will hit the ground. Apple should start manufacturing brains for some of its fans.

overpriced phones

depends on who you buy your phone from, dont blame android for that. My sony experia ZR is rocking Android 9 without issues. I bought it running android 4.3 Jelly bean

You people mistake privacy for security, they are not the same

Whether privacy all security its still easier to break into an android phone

Kama utanitumia za the same year , tusipoteze muda angalia simu saa huuhuu

They did invent a brain for them … It’s called SiRi

iCloud security is shit. Once you break into an iCloud account nikama umebreak into the iphone ju huwa mnakuwa forced kuback up. Ama unadhani celeb nudes huwa zinakuwa leaked aje

Please show us how

Siri is shit as cimpared to Google assistant or Amazon’s Alexa