Why can't cbk secretly print money ?

:smiley: at this stage no one can dare challenge the dollar RIP Gaddafi & Saddam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1hCLBTD5RM

Sio ati hatujui.
I remember tbe david ndii example vividly though…sijui nunua maharagwe hapa uza pale…if memory serves me right…and obviously you cant print one for one backstreet river roadi…hata o.p anajua ni imposible…but what we asking for is for a bit more creativity in managing our macro economy.
You guys are too serious for life.

Ksh can only be used in kenya, unless mu print dollars, America will bomb you like crazy,

@cortedivoire lanye expert, tuambie if hii idea itaaffect bei before tuipitishe

1 Like

For one, you simply tell them you are replacing old notes. Secondly, De La Rue is not mandated to track Kenya’s currrency. Their job is to print and only that. They get a order to print, they ask how much. Thirdly, they have a confidentiality agreement. They cannot disclose.

It wouldnt work anyway, you can’t print fake dollars.

[ATTACH=full]400774[/ATTACH]

Ati print :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:DPeople here don’t even understand what money is and its purpose

Do you even think of the impact that 1 trillion can bring to our economy? Whether we print secretly the fact remains pesa inaingia kwa circulation triggering inflation…

Valuation ya mzoga iko na many factors na hii upus iko is not one of them

I think OP is describing MMT

Hii tabia yako ya ukabila hapa kenya na pia kuwa “pan africanist” uwache.

They can actually print,
but there is a problem somewhere, if you did Business education in pri school, money was a store/transfer of “value”.

it’s the “value” that cannot be printed. without that “value”, then the money becomes more useless, and you have to spend more of it to buy some service/good.

Because the Dollar is a global reserve currency and all the rest are valued only at the national (in the case of the Euro, continental) level. As long as this is the case, then the dollar can never lose value, even if they print trillions.
However, the printing does cause inflation, but because the dollar circulates worldwide, the US can simply funnel the cash to other parts of the world, where it will bring considerable returns to Americans when invested there anyway. No other currency has such privilege.

Sometime back, I recall the US complaining that China was manipulating it’s currency so this means apart from printing there are ways of proping the value of one’s currency.