why do we bother praying?

The worse one is marrying a 9 year old, and the kids got punishment for something they deserved. Mocking a man of God

So killing is okay as long as it’s done in the name of God/for God? How is this reasoning any different from that of the terrorists who killed the kids on the rooftop at Westgate? And why is Satan worse than God when God clearly kills more?

Before

Before I answer you, have you accepted Christ as your saviour?

The biggest misconception is an external being somewhere who many call ‘God’. We have first to understand the inner man and we will understand nature and be able to perceive the eternal power which pervades everything in the universe and no words can clearly describe this infinite energy in motion but we can perceive it in spirit.

I had this thought once and then i was factory reseted the moment i realized everyone was also a god and died and couldn’t do nothing to stop it , together with theirs mind ability or so you say … And then i asked myself , what if the universe has a mind of its own and it brings things to existence… Quite alot of thinking , then i cut the crap and begun believe in a supreme power out there, surely even a deaf person can see that. There is a God

Good talk… Actually someone pinned me down by a question, what do you really desire… I couldn’t tell, and am quite sure most of you cant either :smiley: :smiley:

Yes

Man was created in Gods image.
God is immortal so we we have the immortality gene in us.
The pain left by our loved ones is what makes us see death as a bad thing. Death and life are the same.
personally I think that death is a transition from the body trap to our immortal spiritual realm.

You are trying to understand an infinite God with a finite mind. Your reasoning is the reasoning of a human who is limited by time and abilities and space or realms.

Now come out of your humanity and imagine that you are in God’s shoes. First off God is immutable, God is the alpha and the omega, God is in the past, present and future at the same time, God is omnipresent, He is on earth in heaven as David said in Psalms 139,God is omniscient, He knows everything, He knows how you will die before your great grandparents are born. God is omnipotent meaning that He is all powerful, God is immutable. The same yesterday, today and forever more. He doesn’t change like a human who grows old. He is the same as He was before the firmaments were created. God is infite and limitless.

So your problem is you want God to think like you, for example that God should have preserved Magafulis life. God knew the date the guy would die before he was born.

Prayer isn’t for God, it’s for us that when you feel powerless you pray for God to intervene and He does intervenes and teaches you things through the experience. But God has already seen the beginning from the end which you can’t see as a human being, with God a thousand years is as one day, time is a human concept because God isn’t living with in the realm of time.

Trying to understand the Person who created the entire universe and earth is His footstool. Is an exercise in futility. You be a human being and leave the hidden things to God.

Look at the example of Job. Satan enters a duel with God. Job, his family and friends do not know that then calamity after calamity befalls him. They pray for him and comfort him, using their human thinking they tell him that there’s no way all these things would be happening if Job hadn’t done something to offend God. Job’s wife advices him to curse God so that his suffering and affliction can come to an end. This and the sending of Isaiah shows us a glimpse of what was going on in the heavenlies that those people back then did not have.

Job 42
New International Version

[SIZE=5]Job[/SIZE]

3 You asked, ‘Who is this that obscures my plans without knowledge?’(C)
[B]Surely I spoke of things I did not understand,
things too wonderful for me to know./B

4 “You said, ‘Listen now, and I will speak;
I will question you,
and you shall answer me.’(E)
5 My ears had heard of you(F)
but now my eyes have seen you
.(G)
6 Therefore I despise myself(H)
and repent(I) in dust and ashes.”(J)

PPsalms 139 says it best.

Psalm 139
King James Version

139 O lord, thou hast searched me, and known me.
2 Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.
3 Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.
4 For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether.
5 Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.
7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
12 Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.
13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother’s womb.
14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
17 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
18 If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.

Prayers are at best a placebo.

The if you believe in Christ why question God?
God takes life because He gave it to you so He is the only one who is authorised to take it. Another thing huelewi, is that God controls everything in this universe. He is God Himself.
“I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. Isaiah 45:7”
And before you ask why, “My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” Isaiah 55:8-9

8i8iiii8i

I shall respond to you in a post.

This does not answer anything asked. This is basically telling him to shut up and take it as a christian. I have a problem having a God who kills others as if he did not create them all. Whats odd is he can actually change the minds of all those people he kills.

And why is Satan worse than God when God clearly kills more?
illuminati bullshit.read the Bible from a spiritual perspective it makes sense

If everything happens according to God’s plan then why bother praying? Will praying change God’s plan?

Praying to be aligned with God’s plan,anything else is self delusion.

Elohim is not a jini we summon at times of need only…For all cases stated above,apart from some fulfilling prophecy…
1.We humans call on Elohim when we have a problem then once its sorted,want to go back to our evil ways…no repentance,not even an honest attempt to build a relationship with Him anymore.
2.Even in the Bible,people only followed Yeshua because of His miracles and signs…but not in faith…You want to reap ur dads property as inhritance,u better be his best son and honour him…Same applies…if we want his favour…lets try repenting our sins and accepting Yeshua and his commands in our hearts…
3.Motive for prayer in most cases is also wrong. .we pray asking Elohim for material things…of this world to fulfill our worldly desires not to His glory…But how many times do we pray honestly seeking repentance?A deeper relationship with Him?Help in forgiving others who wronged us?

Please state your study sources…would like to understand deeper:
1.How did they study or investigate prayer?
2.What parameters were they measuring?
3.How did they quantify/analyse the results?
4.How did they arrive at such a conclusion?

Coz i know prayer is a matter of faith and spirit…and faith is abstract.

Yes it can…people fasted in the Bible and changed Elohims mind on several issues…e.g Jonah and Nineveh story,Moses and the Israelites

Let me just attach a link to the study
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/04/060403133554.htm