Why I stopped going to the mech

@1776 now i need some diagnosis on my Legacy 2008. It has a shaky feel on low gear and sometimes same when i move from parking to reverse. This is not felt at high speed/gear. My guess this jerking is a engine mount problem. Alignment and balancing has been done so are the shocks and coil.

Every-time i have accelerated to maybe 100 and want to let off the penal the feel is rather shaky and it goes away if i continue accelerating.

how does it behave when it’s idling?
and is it jerking or shaking? those are two different things altogether.

when idling its quiet no problem. The exact word is Jerking (not shaking) when moving from low gear 1-2 or when moving to from P to reverse. or when wanting to cut back on speed/stepping off the gas pedal at e.g100km/hr

check engine & transmission mounts

hmm, now it’s hard to diagnose kwa net but wacha nijaribu.
i’ve never heard a car ikijerk from letting off accelerator at such a high speed.

always start with diagnostics and checking if fluids are clean and in the right amount.

it sounds like a sensor/intake problem - either oxygen or airflow. or both.
are all your cylinders firing in the correct order?
is there an explosion of air outside the cylinder? this happens and can cause backfires when the cylinder closes before receving the air required to combust in the ignition shebas (chambers). why would this happen? juu it is not reading the proper amount of air coming in because maf/o2 sensor ni maembe kiasi.
for a subaru to jerk, having owned a legacy 1997 version auto, it’s one of those.
oh, na ni turbo ama si turbo? have you made any mods ama ni stock?
it it’s turbo, it is all begins at the intake.

what i suggest? get the following test parts: maf sensor, o2 sensor, cylinder coils.
disconnect the batt na ukanyage brake for kitu kama 2 minutes - pump and step (ecu reset).
fit them in (ambia mech, “hebu weka tuone kama itasort hii maneno”)
see if they change anything after 10-15 kms of normal driving.
if it doesn’t, your may have a gear that’s beating. and it is your gear going out, anza kusave na uweke manual.

mimi pia i very rarely go to mechanics…kila kitu najifanyia nyumbani…lakini kama ni kazi kubwa eg kubadilisha clutch, ama things to do with supension, which can be very messy natafuta KYM afanye hizo kazi under my supervision…hakuna kuachia mtu gari eti kuja jioni itakuwa set…electricals unless uko naujuzi sana afadhali uache vile mjapan au mbeberu aliziunganisha…ukianza kuzichokora hutawaiacha

1 Like

If you spent less time on KTalk i am sure you would find time for that. JINGA!..

4 Likes

Thanks Guys. Let me check on all the above and will revert (i have to check with maybe subatech guys)

Who knows of a good mech/garage for sub’ around westi, parkland and maybe have a contact person they deal with. I am tired of beating traffic to subatech.

And no its not an auto and no modification has been done. I have supervised and checked that all fluids are at right level and even did a throttle body cleaning.

throttle body cleaning is semi-meaningless. if it’s manual, check your sensors.
also, subatech? don’t they charge and arm and some legs?
sijui mtu westi unfortunately. check those guys near the corner before kempinsky.

Hawatalala njaa as long as kuna wapumbavu kama wewe to be exploited. I make money charging for my services fairly not exploiting and overcharging clients. Similary when you provide a service or sell me something charge me reasonably and i’ll definitely pay up not charge me as if i pluck my money off some tree in my backyard!!! In any case all knowledge is acquired and given a chance i can do what a mech does …only question is will it cost me more or less to acquire the skill vs paying an already skilled person who wont screw me up.

2 Likes

boys and dick enhancers

Hiyo wrench kit iko juu I need to get me such. How did you import it?

i had travelled nikaibeba kwa check-in luggage
but kuna hawa wasomali who import things
Kesom Frieght and another one who is on FB though I can’t remember their name.

2 Likes

Hawakuzusha when you boarded with all these possible weapons?

I have used salihiya and they seemed OK. Charged me $25 to ship a phone from dubai last Christmas

ile ya cargo. si check in. pole.

Very inspiring post.