Why OLED is dead, Micro LED is the future

Its true that MicroLED is the future but OLED is NOT dead. LG is concerned about the competition, especially from BOE.

In my opinion, OLED will be the budget version of TVs by 2026. Reason? BOE is investing in mass-producing OLEDs by 2024 through inkjet printing. That will result in waaay cheaper OLEDs and LGD can’t compete then, so it has to invest in MicroLED as a backup.

This time around though, LGD won’t have any patents to milk from OLED as it does with IPS LCDs since inkjet printing is different from LGDs WOLED. It’s a win for us when inkjet OLED is commercialized. Unless MicroLED production efficiency surpasses OLED (which is theoretical for now).

What do you mean? Imagine you have two guys on your TV screen. One is wearing a white shirt the other guy a black shirt. What you’re saying is that you want the white shirt to appear white but the black shirt to look somewhat grey instead of black. WTF? Why would you want a poorer picture?

First time I heard of microLED was five years ago. Samsung has put these microLED demonstration TVs on CES for 3 years now but there are still no consumer ready products. OLED will still be the best till 2025 and maybe beyond. microLEDs will also start at very high prices. We might even see these displays on phones

There were plasma TVs too in the late 2000s they are still better than current LCDs in terms of deeper blacks and picture quality but were discounted. This happens all the time.

I think he didn’t understand what micro dimming meant

you should be arrested

720p even on a 6" phone screen inakaa tu mbaya