Wrangles of inherited land

Blame your parents for lack of foresight.

How??? If he’s already sold his portion, that means the paperwork was changed the first time! Meaning its still in your parents’ possession or in your individual names.

Also, land sale processes nowadays do not allow even a father to sell property without his family being consulted and included in the process to avoid thia very scenario.

Story doesn’t check out.

Buying and selling land in ushago is very simple. You only need liguru, subchief, chief and two witnesses from both parties. The deal is done

Which part of the country is this? I’ve been involved in that process in three different counties and I’ve never experienced this at any of them.

Even at the lands commission hearing, they bring up this issue to avoid any complaints later.

Also, even without this process, how did he manage to sell a portion of the land and still not have any change of ownership on paper? This process still requires a hearing at the lands commission level … Still doesn’t track…

Wewe umezaliwa wapi? All it takes to sell land in rural Kenya is a chief and some few wazee. In some cases unapata ata title ya hiyo shamba unauziwa bado iko kwa grand father mwenye alikufa kitambo and succession haijafanywa. The good thing is that the history of most rural lands hujulikana so chances za kuoshwa is not high kama za urban centres.

Vitu za inheritance achana nazo. Uko Chuka kuna a very big misunderstanding between my dad and my 3 uncles. Hao waty wamekuwa wakipigania shamba tangu 90s hadi wa leo. Huko nilichorea izo stori kabisa.

There is no CENT of yours in that disputed land. Hama, achana nayo na usiifatilie, if they will allocate you something( in your absense) in future without any friction then take it coz it’s un african to reject a gift from your parents however little and valueless it might be.

NLC is not involved in any transfer process more so private land. Such transactions are registered at the ministry in their respective registries.

I agree with you… Some of us do not have anything in our name in terms of inherited properties but have acquired for ourselves properties worth over a million US Dollars… And have no problem with our parents…

True.
I don’t include any inherited property as being part of my success.

Huyo ndugu yako ni ghaseer. Do you need that land ama unaweza wacha? wazazi wanasema aje, mu mgawie share yenu?

Many parents favor one of kids and somehow refuse to reason… They spoil them to death… This is likely the case here.

I

The guy needs a stopper otherwise atauza Hadi yenye wazazi wako ndani

It is the parents to see the folly of protecting the spoilt brother… Not for you, move out… It is a sad affair but since the parents have allowed it, you can do very little.

:smiley:

Wachana na hiyo shamba . kwana kama wewe ni msapere laima kuna damu itamwagika go buy elsewhere where nobody will bother you.

Kwetu solution ya shamba kama hii yako ni PANGA or Machette. Kuongea ni kupoteza muda, court pia inawaste time. Chukua Panga na uonyeshe jama maisha yake inaeza ishe. Please do not kill, just threaten

Wacha kujifanya punda ubebee watu mizigo zao. As several contributors said, hama as soon as possible. Wacha wajinga wapambane wenyewe kwa wenyewe.

Hio ni solution ya illiterates. Utawekwa ndani kujiyoa ikuwe ngori.

Hata kui ita solution ni kukosa…it doesnt solve anything.
My take is 1st born ana nyemelea shamba ya 2 MEN and 2 ladies.
Nini mbaya na nyinyi wanaume wawili mnakaziwa na ndume moja juu ni first born…bweghe nyinyi.
Coronatities…maize combuster amekujibu…mashambani a subchief a few elders a page from a 48 page kasuku excercise book 2500ksh ya subchief na 2000ksh for witnesses is enough for land to change hands…nyinyi watu wa town ndio title deeds villagers ni witnesses na hand written statements plus i.d. Photocopies.