Xiaomi Mi 9t Phone

I finally got this phone this week(the 128GB coz memory is not expandable). It really is a great mid-ranger. However, the MIUI skin is yet to grow on me so far. There just doesn’t seem to be any easy way to restore the previous phone’s backup from Google Drive to this new phone. It’s the first time I’ve bought a device that doesn’t have vanilla Android and migrating apps and data is driving me up the wall.

One way to migrate is to use some app dev’d by Xiaomi called ShareMe that copies over installer files and updates via bluetooth from the old phone. Then you have to install each app one at a time (saves you data if that’s an issue but a few apps won’t allow you to install this way). Certainly not the best experience so far. I haven’t managed to restore text messages yet and I’m just tayad. Why manufacturers get an OS that’s working perfectly well from Google then decide to “improve” it by loading it with mods that make life difficult (not easier) is just, hata sijui.

I had initially planned to get the the MiA3 because it has stock Android (AndroidOne) but was underwhelmed by the 720p resolution. Also, for some reason, I just can’t stand notches. For those and a few other reasons, I decided to risk leaving stock Android and try the Mi9T. It’s a great phone and I immediately liked it (other than for this migration fiasco). I had also been seeing a bit of hype about MiUI features on the interwebs though I’m yet to experience them. Oh well, once I finally finish migrating…

Mind you a majority of premium smartphones have a glass back. Meffi tuu.

One ends up putting a sh 500 plastic back case on a 80k device.

Chieth

So true. It especially grinds my gears when they do it when the phone doesn’t have wireless charging. Like just why?? Though the Mi9T does come with a thin rubber case that’s much better looking than 3rd party casings and also feels better on the hands than the phone’s slippery, fingerprint-magnet glass back. The phone actually looks better with it imo and will also protect the phone’s edges when I inevitable drop the thing…

Update on this phone: Ok, the hype about the miui skin is warranted. I’ve been exploring 2nd space and I’m impressed. For this single feature, I will persevere any challenges I encounter away from stock Android. Very happy with this skin.

Mimi napenda simu ikibaki uchi. Hizo ma protectors na casings add to the phone’s thickness. I love my phones slim & sleek. Urembo over security haha

Hehe, that’s how I felt too. I actually wasn’t going to buy if I didn’t find a case where you wouldn’t even know simu ina case. The included case is quite good - very thin rubber (matte black) that not only feels good to the hand, but also doesn’t leave my palms sweating on handling the glass back

But I think gorilla glass 4 is just fine without a protector

It’s actually Gorilla glass 5 and that stuff will still crack if it hits concrete from certain angles and/or sufficient height. Those screens and backs do not come cheap to replace so for me the included case is an acceptable compromise since it’s well designed

Ok. But in most cases the phone will usually drop from your hand to the ground. Or from a table… But if the casing is sleek there’s no problem…

I have Xiaomi Mi 9t and I recommend it for sure. It is a very comfortable phone and to keep in a pocket. I bought a case for my Xiaomi because I’m afraid that it will be scratched. When you’re looking for a case pay attention to the quality of it and does it fit your hand. I mean if it is comfortable for you to keep the phone with case. And pay attention to cases that are protected 360. I’m buying cases always from https://caseface.ie You can look for a suitable one. A case is a nice device because I’m giving it as a present to my friends, very comfortable.