Xperia continues to disapponit me

you really gave your friend poor advice. if the sister can afford to buy a Sony flagship phone then she can afford to buy any phone.
If you are to go for a Samsung phone then tell her to get him a Samsung Galaxy S7 international variant.
another suggestion from my part would be HTC 10 great phone
or One plus 3
but I would really suggest HTC 10 or the One plus 3. Pia Nexus 6P si mbaya.samsung always delay with their updates and also non S series or note series rarely get updates. HTC 10, One plus 3 or Nexus 6P for me.

plus Sony phones usually have the best battery life. Doze feature inMarshmallow is borrowed from Sony’s stamina mode.
lots of factors are considered in battery life. screen size, kernel as a techie you should know these.

my Nexus 5x with 2700 battery lasts me the whole day and I get 5hrs+ SOT everyday

It took me a while to figure out what SOT means. Anyway, solid advice.

Since this siz looks like they have some money to spend. Here are my recommendations.

1. Samsung S7 edge - Let nobody kid you this is the best phone out there as of today but at a very premium price. Has the best camera as of now too.
  2. Nexus 6P

This is the most all rounded smartphone here.
Very good battery plus . Runs stock android(does not come with all the excess crap put by manufacturers) on 3GB RAM which gives it the best performance.
On all other features, it is always on the top 3. It’s the most all round smartphone. A friend of mine is very obsessed with this one.
Half of the android central guys picked this as the phone and the best phone reviewer on the planet said it’s the phone he has used for the longest duration of time.

1. LG V10
  2. HTC10 - Just above average camera. If they are the selfie type. It’s a no no.
  3. iPhone 6S plus - Usual good general apple specs but a lot of people buy this because of the name hence it will be outdated in just 3months after the new iPhone release. I use this phone and if they want to purchase it, it is a generally good phone but the price is too much considering there is an upcoming release.

I forgot to add the OnePlus 3 which is the best high end but budget smartphone coming in at $400

Peasantry IMO. However I have seen some younglings with big ones courtesy of sponsors and I think they not that bad despite the bottom feeders association.

HTC have regressed so much wamepitwa sasa.HTC wildfire was my first smartphone way back in 2010.Then I upgraded to HTC One M7 and it was really dependable infact it’s still has good battery life though I gave it out.Sasa Niko iPhone and I am not looking back.
Just get an iPhone and you’ll know why it has all the hype!

Depends with people’s taste.

Why LG V10 and not G5? You hate modular things?

Plus G5 has a better processor too

apart form the infinix zero 3 the rest have very mediocre cameras

Why bother with all these other stuff Samsung S7 and Note 5, and if you think you have balls, Iphone S6

note 5 imepitwa na wakati. time for Note 7

mbona unauliza?

Nakujua

Nop. hakuna details zangu kwa Ktalk

Siko limited na ktalk pekee. I get these details when i want

Your last name starts with M, has a R, and W …ends with A

:wink:

haha…ok, but i didn’t insult you hio time…you just came up too harsh, na venye i took alot of time writing that post

Fiti. No problemo

when am advicing someone on what phone to buy.I usually consider things like availability of spare (ie touchscreen. battery, charger.) iv seen ppl stressed up na charger karibu walie…so usilete kimbele mbele yako kujiona unajua Simu sana na Hio uko nayo ulibaiwa na mamako…hizo ma ipon na nexus pelekeni >>>>>>>>>.huwezi niambia battery ya 2600mAh inatoshana na 5000mAh

people don’t care about stupid updates if u get a device like now running stock marshmallow it will be outdated like 3yrs to come to come by then u will also be feeling the need to get a new one…so yes ppl don’t care about updates