Yet another Loon takes a groundie

Would love to dismantle this thing ikaanguka mukuru yangu

1 Like

It’s his pet project so he is liable.
cc: @amun

Si ianguke kwangu siku moja.

1 Like

Am sure kaa ilianguka Nairobi hizo parts tungezinunua pale Ngala market kesho.
Kwanza hizo routers, panels na antennas

I understand each balloon has a lifespan of about 100 days. when it “expires” they deflate it remotely and let it drop with the help of an inbuilt parachute. So, it may not be an accidental crash but “controlled” landing.
check this short video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpzwQajQxZ4

6 Likes

More information please

1 Like

Am reliably informed that Loon is owned by gugu and not sukabaga of mukuru fame, so I guess they are liable to make payments to any aggrieved party

1 Like

Remote sensing satellites capable of submeter res images fly over military based every single day

Which one would you be more worried about :D:D:D

loon ni ya Larry and Sergey aka Google and not Facebook/Zukabag

2 Likes

One very intresting observation based on this image

Have you noticed that the wires from the Molex connectors are not even protected from weather elements

seriously they couldn’t even be bothered to heat shrink tape them :D:D:D

1 Like

halafu?

:D:D:D:D:D:D

1 Like

Dismantle the parts bit by bit and see the components, what’s custom and what’s off the shelf

1 Like

Halafu wakakataa drones to fly over? Ironical. But looking at the loon, they’ve minimized cost as there’s no packaging done, flex solar and tape

are you an engineer?

google “project loon”

2 Likes

Hii tuliona Delicious Shiero akicreate a new handle then comments and likes all the post for that handle.

hizo solar panel za juu inakaa hazikuharibika,watu wa huku ni wazuri bana

1 Like

or crosses a plane path while descending…

Son, you have made a very good observation. In fact you are my candidate for the next Nobel prizes. Yours is a brilliance that can only be inherent in a family of intellectuals. One small problem though. Why, with the apparent brilliance in your long line of brilliant ancestry, wouldn’t your father figure out how to use a condom?

4 Likes