Youtube ad networks

Hapana the guy is correct. 20k subs on Youtube as a Kenyan should be enough to get you off the dependency of Ad dollars. You should have brands or startups already paying you to promote their content. You should generate at least 50 or 100k a month minimum because of that channel

What is your engagement rate e.g. average views, likes and comments

Boss am speaking about the kenyan demography: Xtian Dela is the only male YouTuber with over 30K subs despite his popularity. 20K subs is not a small number in Kenya kwani unaishi wapi wewe? Are you even a YouTuber? Check out Alpha Beta. with 16K subs they always get direct sponsors. sasa wewe na 50K unakuja kulia hapa?

To add to this list Joy Kendi, The Green Calabash, Natalie Tewa etc. I ever paid one of these to promote my company on both youtube and IG. A clean 6 figure(i.e. over 100k) for 4 days work.

Huyu kijana anatudanganya hapa. Another thing, there is a way that YouTube usually suggests channels that can interest you. For instance, if you are watching a Kenyan channel, it will bring up a list of other similar and popular channel from the same region. Kwani hii yake ni gani

I also call bullshit on this story. 30k YOUTUBE subs is a very large subscription count in Kenya. It should very easily translate to influencer shillings or a job in an advertising agency or radio station for the entertainers e.g. the young guys like ShaqTheYungin, Elodie Zone etc.

Have you ever noticed how almost all the youtubers work for some major ad agency in the city? e.g. the chic of Alpha Beta, Sharon Mwangi works at ScanAd, the Green Calabash guy also works as a digital marketer for some agency as well

Yes, In fact, am sure that Ramah (the one of Green Calabash) got a job easily because of YouTube. Huyu @MANKY ni elder mzima na anaanza kutupea hekaya haziko. @Deorro such kinds of lies should also be punishable!!

why should freedom of speech which does not infringe on anyone’s rights be punishable?

Nyinyi wote mnadinya points lakini it’s like you’ve come to war instead of trying to understand one another. I happen to own four channels, one is strictly Kenyan while the others are for random stuff. Just trial and error. The Kenyan channel recently hit 1000 subs, the others are growing at a snail’s pace, just getting around 30 to 50 new subs every month. One of my random channels does not cover any particular niche, I made it as general as possible because in my mind I wanted to cover as many fields (hence more views) as possible. Basically copying some international channel with millions of subs.

What you need to understand is that even if your channel has 50k subs in a field where others easily gain hundreds of thousands or even millions of subs, yours is still comparatively small. Alafu the fact that it doesn’t address any particular niche makes it hard to use it for affiliate marketing. The fact that it’s not a strictly Kenyan channel also makes it hard to attract these sponsors. If I had a “general” channel with 50k subs, with 10k being Kenyans, I doubt Kenyan companies would want to partner with me, coz the campaign would reach so many other subscribers who don’t identify with the product or are too far to use it. But if I brand my channel as strictly Kenyan, even my international subs will most likely be Kenyans abroad, people who can relate to what my sponsors are advertising.

So while starting a channel you might be tempted to start one that’s similar to another with millions of subs, but I’m slowly learning that focusing on a niche is the easiest way to build one. It’s true, YouTube dynamics make it easier for channels owned by women to grow, because the most popular channels are about fashion, gossip, shopping, make up etc, but once in a while I stumble upon a Kenyan channel with thousands of subs that I never heard of before. You can own a channel for up to 2 years without it gaining any traction, only for one video to go viral and earn you hundreds of new subs in weeks. For my channel, I can attribute around 80% of my 1000 subs to around 4 vids only, while I’ve in actual sense published around 60 in total.

Another thing I’ve discovered is that Kenyan Youtubers are a cartel. Kina Sharon Mundia, Wabosha, Nancie Mwai na wengineo wanapromotiana kwelikweli. They’ve done a lot of hard work as individuals, but wanajengana pia viserious. You can have the highest quality content but if people are not clicking then huna bahati. There’s always this assumption that high quality content will sell itself but issa lie, you must promote your channel no matter how good it is.

Acha nikunywe maji…

[ATTACH=full]213678[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]213680[/ATTACH]
Hawa ni akina nani? Anyway, you are assuming that they are marketing kenyan content.

Namaanisha watu wa kawaida. Achana na macelebs. By the way huyo am sure 90% of his revenue is not from Ads

[ATTACH=full]213681[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]213682[/ATTACH]

There are some funny Youtube channels owned by Kenyans with over 40K subscribers.

Nataka kusubscribe your channel. Imagine natamani kuwa na channel kaa hiyo.

Lol sasa ni deflection? Desagu si ni mtu kwa kawaida