YouTube Download

Videoder is the vest

hii ilitokea time youtube walikataza extensions na pia IDM kudownload videos. (kitambo kidogo)
but ina work poa kama extensions zitakata ama kudownload videos half

Thanks guys for the numerous suggestions. Much appreciated.

TubeMate works like a charm

Y2mate YouTube downloader. Also converts into mp3

Yeah, there are a lot of downloaders, you can pick whichever you want.

Of course there are a lot of converters which you can choose from, but not all of them are good I would say

try the new fork yt-dlp, youtube-dl hasn’t been update in a long while…seems abandoned

that’s what i’m using, i like being on the bleeding edge

[ATTACH=full]396311[/ATTACH]

Of course there are a lot of converters which you can choose from, but not all of them are good I would say. Most of the times, there will be a lot of adds if the app is free, or the number of conversions will be limited, the quality won’t be the best and so on. There are the most common problems which I meet in most of the converters. There is only one app to convert youtube to mp4 with no limits and quality loss, and I am using it all the time after trying so many and seeing how bad they are.

if you don’t have commandline phobia ffmpeg will solve all your problems and it’s free, i can bet that site you linked here is using ffmpeg scripts behind the scene…

Videomate

Why do you need an app when you can simply add ss before or x2 after youtube kwa url and you just download, you even get the option to choose the quality you want.

Insert pp after youtube. Namna this.

1. Go to m.youtube.com via any browser eg opera.
  2. When you spot the video you want, type pp after youtube. Like this this. YouTube Downloader - Download YouTube videos in MP3, MP4, 3GP | Y2mate.com
  3. It will open another website where you can download mp3 or video in various qualities.

I wish YouTube will allow us to download directly from the site.

For no-frills downloading! :cool:

I wish YouTube will allow us to download directly from the site.

Honestly, you can pick any free youtube downloader, as they seem to use the same algorithms. So no real difference in quality, nor speed. The best free option so far is plugin youtube-dl from Github. It’s a bit tricky in use, but it grants native (!) quality, even for hdr videos.

Honestly, you can pick any free youtube downloader, as they seem to use the same algorithms. So no real difference in quality, nor speed. The best free option so far is plugin youtube-dl from Github. It’s a bit tricky in use, but it grants native (!) quality, even for hdr videos. The only drawback the plugin downloads video and audio files separately. Audio files are outputted in m4a,so I convert them into mp3 on convertr.org. Except for the youtube-dl plugin, all aforementioned downloaders cannot download 4k hdr video at a good bitrate, let alone native quality.