Access Kenya aiming to offer low cost home broadband

I have no idea pengine @Luther12 atueleze

Not fibre I guess. You would need to broadcast wifi from your fibre connection through a router

1 Like

Remember that the only way you can share using cable is only by using the cat5/6 which will restrict you to 100m; and any other device on their router other than the switch will be detected and blocked. I tried connecting my other Dlink router, which worked well for several days, then it got blocked. Ni wajanja na wanaelewa ujanja za majamaaā€¦
Otherwise you may as well try out a repeater and see if it worksā€¦

6 Likes

I think DDWRT or PFSENSE based routers might have capabilities in that you can host more users efficiently.
PFSENSE is linux based os that you can install on a computer which has more than 2 network cards.
Edge lite router is also another option ,I have one with me if you are interested .

2 Likes

Watakuja lini githurai.askin for.my cuz

1 Like

Precisely.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

1 Like

Corporate clients?

I think you can. Iā€™ve seen some ā€˜suppliersā€™ huku mashinani who I think are resellers for faimba.

ā€¦Those jamaasā€¦ like Faiba literally take over ā€˜yourā€™/their router, thereā€™s nothing you can doā€¦ hata port forwarding lazima you tell them unatakia nini

I plan on getting ubiquiti loco m5 nanostation for point to point connect to CNET network. Just wondering wether anyone here has used the proprietary AirMaxĀ® connection that is utilised by the above mentioned radio.
[ATTACH=full]76436[/ATTACH]

ā€¦which modem?

I meant the ubiquiti loco m5 radio

Kuna bedsitter huko? Vuja De angetaka kujua.

this is what am using

1 Like

Sitaki bedsitter. Single room imenitosha

1 Like

Awesomeā€¦am hoping the connection is consistent and reliable judging from your exploits with streaming 4k content on your smart TVā€¦hehe
Also which ISP have you subscribed to?

1 Like

streaming 4k you need atleast 25mbps mine is a paltry 2.5 mbps i comfortably do youtube,netflix and amazon my provider is a middleman who buys from liquid telcom for onward sale he has all kinds of speed only your pocket will limit you he sent me this pic
[ATTACH=full]76474[/ATTACH]

1 Like

Which neibourhood?

ā€¦ Following