alternative Middle Class living @purr_27....very long read

Why? A lady can’t write such

No luck here…it’s just choices…choices about where you live, what friends you make, who advices you

That’s the life expectancy for men…most of you wont live to see the plot that you bought in Isinya as an “investment” get developed

Yes…hypertension, high blood pressure, cancer etc etc…ie is if you won’t get car jacked and shot on your way back to Your Just completed Ruai house ukingoja gate Ya mabati ifunguliwe

That analogy is flawed because it favours one guy…

1 Like

I’ll be waiting

Yes and your children will not remember you by all the good things they missed because you were saving up to build your dream home in Ruai…rather they will remember you by the quality times you spent with them…homework you helped them do…the bikes you taught them to ride…the good schools you took them…

Thanks @Mwa

If life was that predictable. Life is more complex than that.

Too much assumptions in this narrative, so how about the many who go Mwawasi’s way but dont have the right connections and I believe there are many of them, what next for them coz they wont be able to finance their high flying lifestyle and probably end up in more debt and miserable all their lives.

1 Like

I thought u said personal story at the beggining

nope I said here is my short story( I hv written)…yaani hekaya

Please Point out the favors

where is the predictability

aki ya nani hii nitawai maliza

[ATTACH=full]6087[/ATTACH]

Where are the assumptions you’d all rather believe in the doom of middle class Ya @Purr_27 than this story…Jimmy would have made the same connections had he chosen the path less trodden…mind you Jimmy has those plots in Ruai, rongai and juja that don’t have tittles…he chose his friends…chose to do an Masters instead of a prof quslification…chose to live in Kayole even though he made enough money to live in a better hood

The “biach” wasn’t rich…just said she was a rookie lawyer from a good family…pray what are the chances of meeting such a lady in a kayole matatu stage

1 Like

That one guy has such a nice life(no hurdles for him). Like "he connects with campus mates doing really well. The fact is, few campus mates ever do well. The successful are a few. Further, the higher probability is that they werent your best friends. And again life has a million factors that work to pull you down. That one guy is too perfect. while the other is not the ideal, he is more realistic, and has the normal human struggles.

People would want to castigate the middle class…but it’s all about setting standards for yourself and the kind of life you would want for your family…not everyone will be able to buy or build a home…RENTING is ok…I know so many people who have escaped the mortgage debt burden and they are renting in good estates that they wouldn’t have afforded to buy…it’s all about choices you make and who advices you…

I would encourage young people to save and buy a car even before you invest in your ka plot…you see a car is a status symbol…people judge you by the car you drive and the shine in your shoes…mwawasi must have been called Yule mwawasi wa subaru…no one called jimmy wa ploti Ruai…the car will take you to new places, meet new people see new hoods…move out of your comfort zone…while your plot will sit there for five years "appreciating in values"waiting for money to build…the car will give you self worth and you will naturally want more and better
.well where you live will influence who you hang out with…and whom you mske friends…determine whether you will join an investment group or a chama( I will tell you the difference btwn this 2) it will influence whether you will invest in an education insurance policy or buy another plot in rongai…whether you will buy unit trusts or invest in a neighborhood bar…whether you will go to the gym after work of spend hours in line waiting for a matatu…