BANKS FEELING THE HEAT

This 1B minimum capital was to have been raised to 5B alafu parliament ikakataa ama ni Father Njoroge? Correct me if i’m wrong

1 Like

Unaweka deposit every time unamanga nje.

2 Likes

The 1 billion requirement is not the only requirement… CAMEL rating and stress testing are being conducted also… imperial bank was also placed on receivership jana

1 Like

What the fuck happened to inviting investors…

Wanatishia banks ndio ile siku wataamua kuitisha loans/bonds cash& whatever, compliance ikue.

This is REAL, am crying on my computer screen right now because IMPERIAL BANK was my Bank and now its under CBK eish ati kitu 12months as they checkout, I cant access my cash, MAN I AM NOW IN AGONY

2 Likes

It’s being bought by I &M bank Kenya ya Awori Moddy

Pole sana.

POLE SANA …

My pal banks at first community bank, …shariah compliant and him and most of his pals are in panice mode.

Since somalis are involved in money laundering…his planning to withdraw all his money

my bankers are in the list,karma is a bitch. they have to merge if they want to see the next elnino.
walikataa kunikopesha 60 m.
the minimum threshold was raised.

Several small Kenyan banks will have to raise their minimum capital to Sh5 billion in the next three years in order to continue operating.

According to data from the Central Bank of Kenya, there are 22 banks that do no meet the minimum capital proposed by Henry Rotich, the Treasury cabinet secretary.

Rotich, who made the proposal during his 2015/2016 Budget speech, said the new regulations will help the institutions finance larger projects while safeguarding their stability.
http://tuko.co.ke/10315-22-kenyan-banks-that-may-close-due-to-new-capital-requirement.html
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Corporate-News/22-banks-hit-by-new-capital-requirement/-/539550/2751662/-/o877qe/-/index.html

Monday tried to withdraw ka kitu ka weekday it refused, I called they told me chida ndogo ya ATM, Tuesday bana rumors kidogo kuenda hapo a long letter CBK blabla on the closed door, customer care numbers no longer exist simu haiendi through…

I will stick to the traditional kcb

1 Like

Hii Ni porojo ya pub, nothing of the sort is happening.

pole jamaa sometimes it pays to be conservative in one’s banking, mimi niko KCB na Equity (juu ya e-commerce)

1 Like

I called my boy who banks with Equatorial commercial bank he says that around 100 guys have transfered their money to other banks this morning. Kuna a mini-panic going on.

2 Likes

It will become harder for new banks to enter the financial industry. A retrogressive law.

Ni hiyo chwom nakujia round hii, I have been really inconvenienced and its a wake up call on me

bro this is how it works.
what is the use of having 45 bank whose combined lending capacity cant even finance one single mega project?
in my opinion that minimum capital should be raised to[SIZE=6] 20 billion.
external borrowing,if not checked will kill our economy.
[SIZE=1]our debt stands at 2.5 trillion,it has to be tamed[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Fewer banks will fuck small business men and it will become harder to get credit.