BMW 320i or Mercedez C200 ni Chague Gani ? Experts wa German Cars

Raja ni baiskeli ama ?

For the sake ya watu wa Black mamba this is the Merc we are talking about
https://vimg.cheki.co.ke/xl/2_inventory1462498_1494512203.jpg

yap…

nice ride… though out of my reach… wacha ni kae na black mamba

nunua Volkswagen, thank me after a year.

Ask @ochithunder for a comparison. He may have posted one a while back.

I’d personally recommend one of these, for a Kes. 2.5m budget. I have one on the way.

[ATTACH=full]106669[/ATTACH]

Passat au Jetta?

Passat V6

Sasa if we bring VW why don’t we just include AUDI while we are at it?

Beamer hakuna kukiimbia na ma Spanners, pliers, screw drivers, jacks etc. Theres a specific software ya kutroubleshoot to see where problems lie. Then later put your spanners onto use. That dashboard screen indicates all the current conditions of your car and how its fairing on. Any problem is indicated right there. Very nice.

Kuna hii legacy 2.4 inakaa kaa bima who copied who na iko aje

Go with the Merc’s motto “the best or nothing”

BMW any day any time…

Merc will give you “rich man” stigma…Utachafua meza za maboys na kuitwa harambee mpaka uchoke…Bmw audi vw Same quality as a Merc but you wount stand out, you can enjoy the car peacfully

A merc bargains on your behalf when it comes to poosi

i am a subaru chokoraa but Merc is the way to go if unaenda German. build quality is better and electronics issues will not choke you into an early grave. just dont skimp on service and dont give tree shade mechs your car.

Which year? My assumption will be 2009.

Hearing that umechoka na Toyota, I will start with the familiar topic: resale value, availability of parts.
They may not hold their value as well as Toyotas, and parts may not come cheap but the advantage of the c200 is that it is a bit kinder to the pocket in the long run. Now that we have that out of the way, lets start the more objective analysis:

1. On performance, BMW has the edge over the Mercedes. BMW goes where you want it to go and can be nimble and fast when you thrash the engine. It is a better fit for a heavy right foot. The car is less of a millipede compared to the c200. Steering is very straightforward. Not to say Merc is a sissy on the highway, but it being principally a luxury sedan, it comes second on performance.

2. In comfort the Merc may have less bells and whistles and adopt a more traditional feel lakini it is one very comfortable car. Perfect description of a cruiser. This car epitomizes the back-left. But then again, the c200 has a tight rear leg room, as the bmw, so these cars are for carrying maybe kids and bags, for those too lazy to open the trunk…I digress. The c200 has the edge on comfort.

3. Longetivity in Kenya: the Mercedes c200 will most likely cost less to maintain and will give you consistent satisfaction than the BMW. Mercedes parts last, service intervals are 8K kilometres, if you don’t hit anything, its cost of maintenance is comparable to a luxury sedan from the East. I am not sure I can say the same with the 320i. BMW has a reputation of adding the latest most advanced tech in their vehicles. Sometimes they are a hit, sometimes they are a pain to the wallet when they fail. Both may be considered delicate cars, but the Beamer can have the temperament of a certain La Liga star who will yelp and roll about when fouled kidogo.

All in all, both are really good cars. For a fan of cutting edge driving experience - 320i is a good start for you…at the potential costs shared above. Otherwise, c200 is the car to have.

Zandi sana.

Kwa nini? ECUs just don’t fry. They get fried by useless fundis!! Which one of his died, DME, CAS, KOMBI, they are very many!

Everyone has a Merc. Be different.

But they are both good cars. Test drive both then decide. If you can, go for a BMW F30. Can be got for that price. If you get one make friends with me. I have the repair software and I do my own repairs unless I hit a brick wall in which case I go to Bavaria trembling…

Secondly if you decide to import then also look at the South African market. Their cars have a rough road package missing from the Japanese cars, and those from Cape Town and its environs are pristine.

I saw him buy a new Computer box, he programmed it upya. He bought new CAS and Key also…

*Edit
I hear he had given it to a friend who drove it in a flooded area. Gari ilipofika home ilikua inakataa kustart. All items that indicate on the dashboard were all present. So it was difficult to establish what was particularly wrong.